Hide
5 Posts

Secrets of the Lost Tomb» Forums » Rules

Subject: free action abilities question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
E Shada
msg tools
can you use a free action as a response during the tomb phase?

for example can you use the adrenaline rush ability of iron o'sullivan during a tomb phase combat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Billups
msg tools
mbmbmb
I encountered a "Free Action" situation on my 1st round -
If Hadji encounters a trap tile, can he take his free Teleportation action before or after rolling - or both?

I read the entire rulebook and did not see anything about free actions - could be i missed it.

I'm going to play them like an 'Instant' in Magic the Gathering - can be used anytime unless I hear differently.....

Liking the game so far, but barely starting my first game....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Free Actions, don't cost actions, however, they must be done on that Adventurers' actual turn!

More like a 0 Cost Sorcery in Magic During Main Phase, and Free!

Not on other people's turn unless the card or effect says otherwise.

Free actions are played During the Adventurer's phase, anytime they could play a regular action!

Thanks for the Great Question!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Billups
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Chris -

So Lady Rocket's launcher can only be used on her turn as well I am assuming and not during the Tomb phase?

Also - Hadji's other ability allows him to control a creature and move it to attack another enemy - what is the range on this ability? Does he have to be on the same tile with the enemy he is attempting to mind control?

One other humorous thing that came up on the first turn - I'm using Scraps. The first room he goes in triggers the Staff of Ra event. He is ambushed by three Tomb Guardians. For his 2nd action that round, can I simply use his TNT belt to easily blow all three of them up? Would I still get soul shards for doing something this cheap? Reminded me of the classic Raiders scene where Indy shoots the guy during his impressive scimitar display....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xord wrote:
Thanks Chris -

So Lady Rocket's launcher can only be used on her turn as well I am assuming and not during the Tomb phase?

Also - Hadji's other ability allows him to control a creature and move it to attack another enemy - what is the range on this ability? Does he have to be on the same tile with the enemy he is attempting to mind control?

One other humorous thing that came up on the first turn - I'm using Scraps. The first room he goes in triggers the Staff of Ra event. He is ambushed by three Tomb Guardians. For his 2nd action that round, can I simply use his TNT belt to easily blow all three of them up? Would I still get soul shards for doing something this cheap? Reminded me of the classic Raiders scene where Indy shoots the guy during his impressive scimitar display....

Lady Rockets launcher must be used on her turn and only on Adventurer's Phase. (It's a sophisticated rocket launcher

Hadji is extremely psychic and powerful! (He walks SLOWLY) but he is very powerful with his psychic abilities. There is no range. Basic other range is the Creature's movement!

And absolutely you can be Just as Cheap and BADA$$ as Indiana Jones! But of course, you might end up like Indy when he cant find his gun later, because you've used all your TNT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.