Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
Australia
Greenmount
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I see that the game is standalone or as an expansion, but I am wondering how you use it as an expansion, given that some cards have icons for numbers of players, and the number of cards in a game seem important.

I mean, wouldn't have too many cards of a certain type change the game length / balance? You couldn't just put all the cards in one box and mix them up, could you?

I am kid of guessing that some elements are able to be used as an expansion, such as boss's, while some elements need to be measured (so if adding some of one set to another, an equal number of cards wold need to be taken out).

Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korneel Troch
Belgium
Ghent
Oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: How do you use this with Boss Monster 1?
There are rules included in the rulebook of Boss Monster 2 on how to mix them together. If I remember properly you use one deck of heroes either from the BM1 or BM2 & one deck of epic heroes from the BM1 or BM2 but you can mix. Such as the hero deck from BM2 & the epic heroes from BM1. (You do still remove the heroes for four players if you would play with three for example)

Spells & Rooms get shuffled together in one big deck. And we mix the bosses of both versions in one deck to draw from. But we draw two and choose one for personal preferences.

(My friend owns this game so I'm not sure if this is 100% the way but it's the best I can remember! - Last play was a week ago)

A side note if you are doubting because you can't mix them together:
We've played with the two deck of regular heroes combined (Still leaving out those in balance for the amount of players but we played with 4 so we did not) and left out the epic heroes. + using the Boss Monster: Tools of Hero-Kind expansion and the game was awesome then! (I posted a picture of that session here on the BM2 picture page)

Hope you have all the info you need, glad I could help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Australia
Greenmount
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: How do you use this with Boss Monster 1?
Awesome. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Panda ThatsMe
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
korneeltroch wrote:
Spells & Rooms get shuffled together in one big deck. And we mix the bosses of both versions in one deck to draw from. But we draw two and choose one for personal preferences.

Just to be clear, Spells and Rooms should be in *separate* decks. One deck for Spells and one deck for Rooms. That is probably what korneeltroch intended to say, but didn't want anyone to come along and be more confused.

You can mix and match Boss Monster 1 and 2 cards as you see fit. Either giant piles or take whatever cards you like from either set and create decks. The two sets are very compatible. I found that they play rather well off of each other if you do mix them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just a note if you mixed all the hero's from both BM and BM2, you can seperate them back out using the 2014/2015 copywrite at the bottom front of the cards. Basically, you would normally have 13 hero's and 8/9 epic respectively for a two player game. What I do is just start with the star cards and then add here's up to 13. Then I just add all the two player epic heros. That way you still get the epics arriving at the right time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.