Popular Tags: [View All]
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I just got done playing a 5 player game to one objective. I wanted to make a few notes of the game. I wanted to post a play session but I re-read what I wrote and it was bad. So here are the comments I had on the game.

1- I felt the first team had a very big advantage. Yes, my deckhands get to yours first if im player 2. However, my crew will be all but dead maybe getting 1 or 2 ROLLS in maybe giving 1 hit. Our team looked VERY sparce after the first attack.

2-Setup is fast. Take down... Don't get me started. All those deckhands going back in the miniholders. Thats just not going to happen. Definitely looking into better storage (maybe dropping the 140 on the carrying case).

3- You can get screwed by EXTREME luck. There were 4 kraken points in the pool and the other team rolled a 3. What? First roll too. Then, they rolled a 1, activating a deadly attack on 3 of my teams heros. I watched as my men were slaughtered by this foul beast. It killed 2 heros that were barely wounded. This killing blow ultimately ended the game as their gunner had an easy shot on our cannons.

4- If you dont like luck games, shy away. I mean this in a good way. Most MOBAS require skill to play. This is much more luck based than it is skill based. I wouldn't call it a moba persay.

5-I enjoyed it very much. I would like to play a full game with the base game before opening my barrage of goodies that came with the KS. After which I will do a full play report.

6- Art work is phenomenal.

7- Game is easy to teach, easy to learn, easy to keep playing. Got great first opinions from my game group (22-25 yos)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
If your opponents' Heroes advance to attack your crew so aggressively, doesn't that put them so close to your spawn points that your Heroes spawn and get a massive first attack on them?

I'd rather get the first strike on opposing Heroes than on opposing Crewmen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Storage wise, I'm probably out of the ordinary. I just put all the deckhands and bosins for each color in a large ziplock bag and put those ziplocks in the box they were originally packed in. Then into that box, I also stick most of the other game stuff (cards, tokens, cardboards smaller than the planks, etc.). That packs fairly tightly so the minis seem safe. I've even stopped putting the heroes back in their plastic. I don't have a whole lot of experience with games like this with tons of minis and I looked at foam storage solutions at Gen Con, but for me it's not worth the cash when my system seems safe and makes setup and cleanup times super fast.

Now of course, my minis don't love me as much as they would if they were living in a sweet foam hotel....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ryan
United States
Westminster
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is a moba? That's a new one to me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thodoris Kalaitzis
Greece
Kalamata
flag msg tools
Rob in Richmond wrote:
Storage wise, I'm probably out of the ordinary. I just put all the deckhands and bosins for each color in a large ziplock bag and put those ziplocks in the box they were originally packed in. Then into that box, I also stick most of the other game stuff (cards, tokens, cardboards smaller than the planks, etc.). That packs fairly tightly so the minis seem safe. I've even stopped putting the heroes back in their plastic. I don't have a whole lot of experience with games like this with tons of minis and I looked at foam storage solutions at Gen Con, but for me it's not worth the cash when my system seems safe and makes setup and cleanup times super fast.

Now of course, my minis don't love me as much as they would if they were living in a sweet foam hotel....

Plano boxes would be the case. Cheap sollution. The only thing is that the weight increases slightly. Even here in Greece it is very cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Mastrangeli
United States
Downers Grove
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob in Richmond wrote:

thats mostly what I did. Minis went into ziplock bags, separated by type and faction. I usually don't bother with foam trays unless I've painted the minis. I've never had any break before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Letourneau
Canada
St-Lambert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nat whilk wrote:

Multiplayer Online Battle Arena. Games in this genre are League of Legends and Heroes of the Storm to name 2. Essentially, a team of heroes with varying abilities that fall into roles like damage dealer, tank and support. And lots ans lots of squishy dudes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duguayduguay wrote:
nat whilk wrote:

Multiplayer Online Battle Arena. Games in this genre are League of Legends and Heroes of the Storm to name 2. Essentially, a team of heroes with varying abilities that fall into roles like damage dealer, tank and support. And lots ans lots of squishy dudes...

I always play squishy glass cannon baby

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Vany
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For games with a lot of miniatures I buy Feldherr Storage boxes http://www.amazon.com/Feldherr-Storage-Box-144-miniatures/dp....

This one will store up to 144 minis and the price is really good. Something to consider as an option to Planos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.