Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt
United States
The Great Silicon Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiking is mentioned under description on the BGG page. Anybody want to summarize what that is in the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that just means that the characters walk all over the place. (and occasionally ride thigs)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you perhaps referring to "walking the woods", which lets you move between clearings ignoring roads, paths & tunnels? IIRC certain animal forms a spell caster can take on with the Transform spell allows this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
The Great Silicon Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what the description says. "The complete game system includes hiking, hiding and searching, fatigue, wounds, rest....."

I don't have the game but I was just curious to know if there was a mechanic that made "hiking" a little more detailed than just moving from place to place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I went through the 1st edition rules and while they do not call it hiking. there is terrain effects on movement. The whole game is essentuially hiking all over the place. So some terrain costs more to negotiate, IE, takes longer, than others. Which fits real hiking as I used to do alot of that through woods and hills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Efr aim
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are treks in the book of quest that can be added to any game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mortimer Brewster

Gold Hill
North Carolina
msg tools
Yes, in the Book of Quests there are "adventures" that award VP's (Fame I think) for visiting all the mountain clearings or cave clearings. I think some are also kind of site seeing tours with a twist, the bratty princess comes to mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.