Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the "Alternative rules for Games with 4 or 5 Players" intended to be THE rules for 4-5, or simply an optional variant (so you could either play with rules as previously described, or with these alternative rules presented at the end of the rulebook)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
snoozefest wrote:
Are the "Alternative rules for Games with 4 or 5 Players" intended to be THE rules for 4-5, or simply an optional variant (so you could either play with rules as previously described, or with these alternative rules presented at the end of the rulebook)?

I've always played them as the rules for 4-5 players. But I agree it seems a bit unclear from the use of the words "Alternative Rules".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I understand it is that with less players, less cards are being played, so the likelihood that you can play a card with a lower value is greater. With 4-5 players more cards are being played, so more values are out on the table, so it's based on each clan, rather than just the numbers, so it's easier to use the clan powers.

I don't look at it as a variant, it's simply the rules with 4-5 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.