Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Secrets of the Lost Tomb» Forums » Rules

Subject: Zeus' bolt rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jani Pietikäinen
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking at the Zeus' bolt artifact in the kickstarter page. It says:

"+6 combat

When you deal damage, deal all other creatures in this room the same damage. Ignores armor."

Now seeing how the "Ignores armor" is not up there with the "+6 combat" instruction, am I right to assume that it doesn't affect the actual combat roll? It means that all the other creatures take the same damage, and that this damage can't be reduced by armor?

Even in this case it looks like a really powerful weapon!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!

Zeus' Lightning Bolt is VERY powerful...

It is Just as you say... HUGE Bonus, Ignores all armor and hits all Creatures in the room!

However the KS Page's Text is Old... here's the new text that's actually in the game:

+6 Combat "Ignores Armor"

"When you deal damage to a Target, also deal all other Targets in this room the same Damage."

This means that Zeus' Lightning Bolt not only deals AoE Damage, but it hits ANYTHING and EVERYTHING in the room, including Friendly Adventurers ETC!

So... With Great GODLY power, comes Great Responsibility.. and Linty Static Cling too LOL
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we played that one wrong last night. I would have taken out my teammates several times.

So, for area combat weapons/items, is it safe to assume anyone in the room is a target, unless otherwise specified?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
Well, we played that one wrong last night. I would have taken out my teammates several times.

So, for area combat weapons/items, is it safe to assume anyone in the room is a target, unless otherwise specified?


Just to clarify... Zeus's Bolt is NOT area combat... It's a Special Ability of that particular Artifact.

Area Combat is very Different and does NOT do Friendly Fire ....( unless you've turned traitor )

Area Combat basically allows you to combat ALL creatures (or targets in competitive play) in the room using 1 action! You must then do combat with each one individually, losing courage from each one, rolling for each one... ETC!

Does that clarify at all?

Thanks,

Chris
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you provide an example of an area combat weapon/item, so I can look at the wording on the card? So far, the cards I'm come across that damage multiple targets are all from a single dice roll (Grenade, Zeus' Bolt, TNT Belt, etc).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cbatarlis wrote:
mvettemagred wrote:
Well, we played that one wrong last night. I would have taken out my teammates several times.

So, for area combat weapons/items, is it safe to assume anyone in the room is a target, unless otherwise specified?


Just to clarify... Zeus's Bolt is NOT area combat... It's a Special Ability of that particular Artifact.

Area Combat is very Different and does NOT do Friendly Fire ....( unless you've turned traitor )

Area Combat basically allows you to combat ALL creatures (or targets in competitive play) in the room using 1 action! You must then do combat with each one individually, losing courage from each one, rolling for each one... ETC!

Does that clarify at all?

Thanks,

Chris


I think "Target" needs to be defined somewhere, then. In our first play yesterday, my son and I assumed that "Target" referred only to enemies an adventurer might want to attack.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
Can you provide an example of an area combat weapon/item, so I can look at the wording on the card? So far, the cards I'm come across that damage multiple targets are all from a single dice roll (Grenade, Zeus' Bolt, TNT Belt, etc).


The Tommy Gun has Area Combat on it... this gives you the option to use that rule.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I think "Target" needs to be defined somewhere, then. In our first play yesterday, my son and I assumed that "Target" referred only to enemies an adventurer might want to attack.


Keep in mind, PVP Combat is allowed in most scenarios especially if a player turns Traitor for any reason. So basically, any Adventurer or Creature can be a Target.


So this can damage everything in the Room... excluding you. (because you can't target yourself!)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Prass
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the bolt hits everyone... including yourself, all companions, everything with Health?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MrPanic wrote:
Well, the bolt hits everyone... including yourself, all companions, everything with Health?


Everyone you can target, excluding yourself. (Friendly Adventurers and Creatures yes!)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.