Subject: Help with some more rules! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nuno Silva
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think i am playing some things the wrong way. The first time i played i thought that in Phase A we could shift Man\Woman and do the left action (tattoo or shells) and in Phase B we could shift a Man\Woman that was not yet shifted to use the ability of the right side.

But reading the rules again, it seems that in Phase B, when we use a Man and\or Woman, we use it wether that man or woman is already shifted or not. Is that right?
------------------------------------------
Other question that i have is related with a task that requires 3 priests in your temple.
How can that be? In Phase C when we resolve the temple, don't we remove the priests from the temple? If so, when we are resolving the tasks, aren't the priests already out of the temple?
-------------------------------------------
This one is regarding fish.
When we expand a Hut, we can score the fish, only if we use a red god? And if so, we can use the red god after seeing the fish score, or before seeing the fish score?

And in the end of the game, when doing the final scores, we win points for every fish tile (of the expanded Huts) regardless if we had used a Red God before?

Thanks again to those who can help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In phase B you aren't shifting them, you are using them. The helper action is where you can shift them.

Priests remain from round to round.

Fish are normally scored for whoever has a hut at game end UNLESS you play a red god upon expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Silva
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
In phase B you aren't shifting them, you are using them. The helper action is where you can shift them.

Okay. And in Phase B we can use them if they are already shifted?

senorcoo wrote:

Hmn...that one i hadn´t a clue!
So if i have a priest in the temple since round 1, he can be there until the end of the game if no one plays a priest with the same or higher number.Right?

senorcoo wrote:
Fish are normally scored for whoever has a hut at game end UNLESS you play a red god upon expansion.

Hmn, ok thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nunovix wrote:
senorcoo wrote:

senorcoo wrote:

So if i have a priest in the temple since round 1, he can be there until the end of the game if no one plays a priest with the same or higher number.Right?

senorcoo wrote:

Hmn, ok thumbsup

Yes, you can still USE them even after they have been SHIFTED. It took me a while to wrap my head around it too.

Temple - Yes, you could play a priest into the temple with a 6 and he could potentially stay there in that spot the whole game if not displaced. Not likely, but it could happen. Regardless, he might stay in the temple the whole game unless bumped all the way out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Silva
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
nunovix wrote:
senorcoo wrote:

senorcoo wrote:

senorcoo wrote:

Hmn, ok thumbsup

Yes, you can still USE them even after they have been SHIFTED. It took me a while to wrap my head around it too.

Temple - Yes, you could play a priest into the temple with a 6 and he could potentially stay there in that spot the whole game if not displaced. Not likely, but it could happen. Regardless, he might stay in the temple the whole game unless bumped all the way out.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Just one thing, so we can score a fish when expanding with the red god, and we would score the same fish again at game end. Yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All fish are scored at the end of the game. Each fish tile is scored by the person who built his/her hut LAST at that location.

Over the course of the game fish tiles are face up, their value is known to all players. Once you build a hut in a location, you may play a red god card to get as many points as the fish tile at that location says. Player B may then build his/her hut later there, pull your building out of the scoring space, play the red god too and score points for fish as well. If no other player comes there afterwards player B will score points for the same fish again at the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Silva
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BartP wrote:
All fish are scored at the end of the game. Each fish tile is scored by the person who built his/her hut LAST at that location.

Over the course of the game fish tiles are face up, their value is known to all players. Once you build a hut in a location, you may play a red god card to get as many points as the fish tile at that location says. Player B may then build his/her hut later there, pull your building out of the scoring space, play the red god too and score points for fish as well. If no other player comes there afterwards player B will score points for the same fish again at the end of the game.

Thanks again all! This game has all this little details that are difficult to understand, especially when one learns the game from the rulebook and not playing with someone that knows how to play

One mor doubt that doesnt't seem to be well explained in the rulebook is if, when making the 'Helper action' i draw a 6 die, can i trade 3 god cards, or the things i trade have to be all different? Like 1 God Card, 1 offering and 1 building material?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy 3 God cards for 6 pips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juzzo Hawkins
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nunovix wrote:
senorcoo wrote:

Think of this according to the theme, you put you men and women on you your board (settling them in a hut you have built), then you can send the women out to collect shells and the men to get tattooed knce they have done that they cant do it again, and they have a special thing the can contribute to the tribe that you can use in phace B (only one man action and one women action per turn)

nunovix wrote:
senorcoo wrote:

If you have a proest in the temple eg. On the 6, it reamains in the temple. If someone later (including your self) places a six on the priests your priest moves down to the five and any in five move to fourth and so on and so forth, there for if you have one on the one space it willreturn to you if another priest needs to occupy the space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.