Subject: Help for Errata rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Rombecchi
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all,

I recently purchased Eminent Domain and the Eminent Domain Escalation expansion.

I'm here to ask for your help about the errata present in the EmDo: Escalation box.
I can't really figure out how to implement the errata cards (Abundance, Logistics, Bureaucracy) and the sticker.

This is my board (from Eminent Domain box), the sticker and the Errata Cards that I found in Escalation:

What should I do?

I guess:

1) Replace all the 3 errata cards (Abundance, Logistics, Bureaucracy) from the basic game with the new ones. So I'll play with only 1 copy of these cards. Is this right?

2) ...and what about the sticker? It's printed exactly as the board is! I'm a bit confused...

Thanks a lot for all the help!
Andrea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fenix85 wrote:
1) Replace all the 3 errata cards (Abundance, Logistics, Bureaucracy) from the basic game with the new ones. So I'll play with only 1 copy of these cards. Is this right?

That is correct.

Quote:
2) ...and what about the sticker? It's printed exactly as the board is! I'm a bit confused...

The good news is that your copy is from the reprint in which the CCD was updated, therefore the Warfare portion of your board is correct.

Unfortunately, the sticker and Central Card Display board are both misprinted when it comes to the Survey portion.

The correct board should have "Leader: [Survey][Survey]" - that is to say that once the tack is empty, the Leader bonus for Survey is *2* additional Survey symbols... one as normal (like it says on the card), and another to make up for the fact that you're not getting a card.

So the easiest/best fix for your case is to simply cut out one of the tiny Survey symbols on the sticker, and apply it next to the other one where it says "Leader: [Survey]"

I believe there's a picture on BGG of the correct configuration.

Sorry about the confusion! Fortunately it almost never comes up. It's rare that the Survey stack empties in the first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Rombecchi
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Seth!

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

So, if I understood well, the survey-part of the board should look like this:

I'm right?

Thanks again!
Andrea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. Correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Nordberg
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I recently picked up both the base game and the Escalation expansion and this has left me a bit confused. Of the three errata cards, I have Abundance in the expansion, but no Abundance in the base game. The expansion rule book shows a picture of the errata cards as being Abundance, Bureaucracy and Fertile Ground. Is it the Fertile Ground card that the Abundance card replaces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
several of those cards are double sided with different text on the other side. I know this because I spent a good 20 minutes looking for my Fertile Ground too. modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
M Vindictus wrote:
I recently picked up both the base game and the Escalation expansion and this has left me a bit confused. Of the three errata cards, I have Abundance in the expansion, but no Abundance in the base game. The expansion rule book shows a picture of the errata cards as being Abundance, Bureaucracy and Fertile Ground. Is it the Fertile Ground card that the Abundance card replaces?

Abundance is on the back side of Fertile Ground.

Also, if you got a more recent printing of the base game (likely at this point), then the base game cards have been updated and the errata has been included already. If your 'errata cards' in Escalation match the original ones exactly, then it doesn't matter which ones you keep and which ones you trash!

Hope you like the game! I recommend playing with just the base game a bunch of times before adding in Escalation!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Nordberg
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Thanks for the help guys - I looked at the cards three times apparently without thinking to flip them over, despite knowing some were two sided. I did try the game yesterday without the expansion and I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to adding Escalation in soon, after a couple more plays to get used to the technologies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.