4 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Alternative to Zombivores: DBNO rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wartopia Wartopia
msg tools
mbmbmb
Check out the Down But Not Out variant I've posted in the Variant area. It addresses the concerns about players being killed early in a mission but keeps the "Humans v Zombies" theme instead of adding Human-Zombie hybrids. I think you'll enjoy its dramatic, cinematic qualities!

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/20193178#20193178
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Lodge
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't heal someone half mauled by a zombie. Get in a fight with a zombie and you're already wounded, you're likely to get bitten!

Why not let the dead player just take control of the zombies or they can still advise, basically playing as a team anyways!

Have you tried the 'Turn' variant? It takes a bitten player a variable amount of turns to turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wartopia Wartopia
msg tools
mbmbmb
I guess that I think of it as more of a zombie "game" rather than a zombie "simulator".

Besides, even as a super realistic zombie simulator it depends on how the zombies work. In 28 Weeks Later just 1 drop of blood can instantly transform a human into a zombie. In The Walking Dead you can be bathed in zombie blood and even injured by one and it doesn't totally matter unless you die. In fact in TWD EVERYONE is already infected by the zombie virus. It only manifests itself when you die, whether killed by a zombie or slipping and falling in the shower.

So don't sweat it. Just a game. ☺

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Lodge
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just plugging my 'Zturn' variant but you didn't bite, lol!

naturally I think it's the best extra mechanic and adds so much more theme to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.