Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How does mind control work when moving a hero onto a magical shift? Assuming that a shift can happen, where does the replacement tile come from? The hand of the player being controlled (drawn randomly? controller gets to look at tiles?) or the hand of the player doing the controlling? None seem very satisfying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Mind Control works the same way regardless of what kind of tile you move the other player onto... they do the action. They. Do. The. Action. Whatever you move them onto, they do the action just as if they had moved there during their own turn. For the magical shift, they would get to pick a tile on the board, put it in their hand, and replace it with one from their hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh. Thanks. I misread Mind Control and thought you could move your opponent and resolve their action as them. It was actually fairly fun playing that way. :-) But we did run into a couple corner cases like this. I think I like the sound of the real rules better. Maybe I'll even try them next time. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb

I still play a few rules "wrong" (I think a few things to do with whether you "must" perform the action of certain tiles, etc)... it doesn't make that big of a difference. Do whatever suits you. It's a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.