Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Grindling
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
How does the mercenary tide deck work? Can you just use that instead of your teams deck even if you don't select any mercenary heroes ? Do you have to select all mercenary heroes ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Letourneau
Canada
St-Lambert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was about to post the same question...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Kickstarter campaign, they said they made the deck for use with all-Mercenary crews. There are so many Mercenaries in the Kickstarter, that an all-Mercenary crew is easy to do. But if you have Mercenaries on a typical crew, you are supposed to use the primary crew's deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering this myself.

I haven't used any Mercenaries yet (only played once so far), but my plan was to have this deck as a common deck. As long as you have one Merc on your team you could draw from instead of your base deck.

Seems to make sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Sullivan
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You pick your faction, then you pick your crew. Faction decides tide deck. So if you take Wellsport, you use the blue deck, and your crew can consist of Wellsport heroes and mercenaries. If you pick Mercenaries as your faction, you use the Mercenary deck, and your crew consists of mercenaries and... mercenaries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin moran
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
What happens if both players use all mercenary teams and you only have one mercenary tide deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike I
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever."
mbmbmbmb
dushty wrote:
What happens if both players use all mercenary teams and you only have one mercenary tide deck?

Then one player must use a different available tide deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Huckstep
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Am I missing something, or is it not possible to pick mercenaries as a faction since there are no mercenary deckhands or bosuns? You still have to pick one of the four factions available and their associated minions. You just have the option of swapping all fiction specific heroes with available mercenaries.

But that still begs the original question. When do you use the mercenaries tide deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mercenary deck is a Kickstarter bonus.

By default rules, even if you use all Mercenaries, you still pick a faction and use the appropriate ship, crew and Tide Deck. This is spelled out in the rulebook itself.

However, if you got the special Kickstarter Mercenary Tide Deck and your Heroes are all Mercenaries, then you can swap out the standard faction deck for that special one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike I
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever."
mbmbmbmb
Tayhuck wrote:
But that still begs the original question. When do you use the mercenaries tide deck?

This is totally off topic:

To "beg the question" means to use circular logic and is used to mean "that simply assumes the original point in contention is already accepted as true."

You incorrectly used the phrase "begs the question" as if it meant "raises the question." This is a common error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.