Santanz Child
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
OMFG SO MANY GAMES!!!!
badge
LiL' Devil of Awesome
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so I sorted through the tile packs and expansions last night after work. Lots of new tiles treasures character cards etc. But I did not see in any of them when it is appropriate to use them.

I assume that the tile packs can just be thrown in when ever, and expansion number one looks like they could be as well but I cant find anything that says if they should or should not be used.

PS played one solo game so far and got butt stomped but was fun. Going to teach the wife tonight been waiting a long time for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes indeed!!!

You can add and take away any expansions you want anytime!!!

The solo game is fun but definitely challenging

Hope you and your wife enjoy!!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santanz Child
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
OMFG SO MANY GAMES!!!!
badge
LiL' Devil of Awesome
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool probably play with just the base set tonight and add in the tile pack after we get it down
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I highly recommend just using core for a couple games until you've got the rules down... then you can Go Wild!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santanz Child
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
OMFG SO MANY GAMES!!!!
badge
LiL' Devil of Awesome
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya that was basically the plan. Got the first coop game with the wife in last night. Took probably four hours with constant rule book references to make sure we did it right but it was fun and we eventually beat Rahz.

On another note dang this game takes up some space!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Jenkinson
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

My wife and I had a similar experience last night, lots of fun! Check out the table space by the end of our game - we explored almost half the tiles!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santanz Child
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
OMFG SO MANY GAMES!!!!
badge
LiL' Devil of Awesome
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you got a bit more exploring in then we did. The combat really seemed to slow things down when the elite mobs started spawning. Could easily waste 4 or 5 actions in combat while the comet track ticks down on our heads.

Did you manage to get all three artifacts only got the first two in our game but thankfully it was enough when he spawned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SantanzChild wrote:
Ya that was basically the plan. Got the first coop game with the wife in last night. Took probably four hours with constant rule book references to make sure we did it right but it was fun and we eventually beat Rahz.

On another note dang this game takes up some space!

Woo Hoo! The table looks soo GOOD!

Congrats against Rhaz! angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
transcend11 wrote:

My wife and I had a similar experience last night, lots of fun! Check out the table space by the end of our game - we explored almost half the tiles!

Awesome Pic! (Rhaz Looks Great... dead on the floor HAHA!

Congrats
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SantanzChild wrote:
Looks like you got a bit more exploring in then we did. The combat really seemed to slow things down when the elite mobs started spawning. Could easily waste 4 or 5 actions in combat while the comet track ticks down on our heads.

Did you manage to get all three artifacts only got the first two in our game but thankfully it was enough when he spawned.

Two out of Three can definitely do it! Nice work! What elite monsters gave you the most trouble?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santanz Child
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
OMFG SO MANY GAMES!!!!
badge
LiL' Devil of Awesome
mbmbmbmbmb
Werewolf gave me all kinds of problems and another one I cant remember juat had so many hp it took five or six actions to kill it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SantanzChild wrote:
Werewolf gave me all kinds of problems and another one I cant remember juat had so many hp it took five or six actions to kill it.

nice!

Werewolf is definitely hard! especially the infected status!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Shada
msg tools
After 2 games with just the base set I added all the tiles artifacts etc (except the meridian and Atlantis level 4 things).

Makes a good variety of of cards and rooms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds Awesome E. Shada!

Let me know how it goes and what you think of the extra tiles in a GIANT Stack!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley White
msg tools

First full game ended up spawning Rhaz early because we got multiple tomb cards that didn't move the comet track and after 3+ hours my roommate was drunk and falling asleep. It seemed easier than it should have been, but we did have a ton of artifacts (we never failed an artifact roll, go figure so he had Zeus' Lightning Bolt and I had Excalibur and the Aegis of Hercules) It was epic and a ton of fun, really do enjoy this game it was worth the wait. My daughter is excited to play it with me this weekend too, can't wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaides wrote:
After 2 games with just the base set I added all the tiles artifacts etc (except the meridian and Atlantis level 4 things).

I did the same thing. The new tiles are a blessing and a curse, as they allow easier access between levels for both adventurers and creatures (at least the ones with stairs do). Also, some of the new trap rooms are really nasty (sand worm, anyone?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
e1derdragon wrote:

First full game ended up spawning Rhaz early because we got multiple tomb cards that didn't move the comet track and after 3+ hours my roommate was drunk and falling asleep. It seemed easier than it should have been, but we did have a ton of artifacts (we never failed an artifact roll, go figure so he had Zeus' Lightning Bolt and I had Excalibur and the Aegis of Hercules) It was epic and a ton of fun, really do enjoy this game it was worth the wait. My daughter is excited to play it with me this weekend too, can't wait.

Choosing to Spawn Rhaz after you get all the Artifacts is TOTALLY Acceptable! It's longer and more difficult (while giving you alot more time to explore and fight monsters is good for a learning game!_

But you can totally just call it, and spawn him out and kick his butt

So glad you guys had such fun times!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
Gaides wrote:

I did the same thing. The new tiles are a blessing and a curse, as they allow easier access between levels for both adventurers and creatures (at least the ones with stairs do). Also, some of the new trap rooms are really nasty (sand worm, anyone?)

Hah! Sand Worm is great! We ran the game at Gencon and a younger kid was playing! He explored the first room in the Tomb and it was the SAND WORM!

I was like... oh man... I hope this kid passes! lol... and luckily he did!

HAH! I was like WHeu!... And then proceeded to tell everyone... in Jim Carrey Style... "Do NOT Go in there!....WOOO"

Lol... Good Times!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.