8 Posts

Legendary: Dark City» Forums » Rules

Subject: Death - Four Horsemen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Ruegg
New Zealand
flag msg tools
It's fight effect about KO one of your heroes with cost of 1 or greater, I assume that is not a prerequisite to fight him. Meaning, if I defeat him with all 0 cost cards I would still be able to defeat him and keep all my cards. In the same way he escapes and I'm holding 0 cost cards.

It seems the more we play this game the more the questions arise which is a good thing. A lot of thought has gone into how the mechanics work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is correct. It is not a prerequisite. Though It would be rather hard to beat him with only 0 costs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a prerequisite, it's a fight effect. It happens after you fight him. Your example is correct, but that would be a lot of zero cost cards - more than you have since you only start with four zero cost cards that provide attack. But even worse, that's a very bloated, under-powered deck and hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ruegg
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Thanks. Yeah that was just for example sake.
In Dominion you follow as much instruction as you can with what cards you have in play. It seems same goes with this. So if I fight a card that tells me to discard or KO something and I don't have any, I still beat the card but get away unscathed.

Got some people coming over tonight to take on Apocalypse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with that... He is stupid hard. And you will pick 'Immortal and Undefeated' at least 3 times just because he hates you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
actionmahon wrote:
So if I fight a card that tells me to discard or KO something and I don't have any, I still beat the card but get away unscathed.

Oh one clarification. one corner case. If something messes with your deck and you do not have any, you shuffled your discard pile and then resolve it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ruegg
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Cool. That makes sense. Like a "Reveal the top" etc if I don't have a deck right then, I shuffle and then do it. But only if I have a discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carnilius IV
msg tools
mb
Thud105 wrote:
It's not a prerequisite, it's a fight effect. It happens after you fight him. Your example is correct, but that would be a lot of zero cost cards - more than you have since you only start with four zero cost cards that provide attack. But even worse, that's a very bloated, under-powered deck and hand.

It's still doable. Hand full of wounds and a table full of shards :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.