Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris M
United States
Kearneysville
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fengray the Shieldbearer and Celenthia the Arcane Mage push out from Hearthfire Inn to stop Ghardhak the Charred before his warband attacks the frontier town, Longier, in the snowy crags of the local mountains.

They start out across the Hunting Grounds in the lower hills and easily deal with the roving wolf packs and ranging monsters (Ice Reaver, 2 Tracker Hounds, Dire Wolf, Felstalker - 2 rounds with one reinforcement - encounter: Mistmade Wildings).

As they climb into the mountains and start crossing the glacier (Plains of Ice), they begin to run across the outskirts of the warband. They are quickly able to overcome the wildlanders (Ghoren Slinger, Ghoren Ragecaller, Ghoren Warrior, Ghoren Warrior) with a Master Strike from Fengray and lightning from Celenthia. Fengray found an Ancient Blade in a cave near the edge of the glacier where the warband was camped. Obviously a cairn to a infamous war chief.

Fengray and Celenthia observed the warband for a couple hours as the warband readied to attack the town. (I rested twice which prepped both and the time marker went to the enrage symbol before the 4).

Sensing the time was right, the pair slipped into the warband after the mass started for the town. If they could kill Ghardhak quickly, the warband could be dispersed before it penetrated the town walls.

As they raced to Ghardhak, 2 Dire Wolves and a Ghoren Blood Tracker charged Fengray while a second Ghoren Blood Tracker, a Ghoren Slinger, and a Ghoren Ragecaller moved to intercept Celenthia. Fengray noticed both Blood Trackers were close together, protecting Ghardhak. The fastest way is a straight line, he thought. Unfortunately, the two Dire Wolves were blocking the way to the Blood Trackers. Fengray began a charge while motioning to Celenthia. Celenthia killed one of the Dire Wolves with a magic missile. Fengray swung his Ancient Blade, lopping off others head. He continued the great swing as he charged in the first Blood Tracker, severing his head as well. Fengray let his momentum carry him forward. The other Blood Tracker raised his weapon to block a high strike. Fengray swung low and sliced right through the gut. The Blood Tracker crumpled as his intestines stretched across the ground. A blood splattered (but none his) Fengray pointed his weapon at Ghardhak.

Fengray used Ancient Blade for 4 damage to kill the Dire Wolf, then used Mighty Cleave to retrieve the Ancient Blade and use it again (with a combat card) to kill the first Blood Tracker. Then used Challenge to bring the Blood Tracker from Celenthia's board. (Now here I suspect I couldn't do) I purchased another Mighty Cleave and then used it to repeat the 5 damage (with another combat card) to the 2nd Blood Tracker. Then used my Never Defenceless to move the Ancient Blade to the top of the discard)

Ghardhak laughed and told the pair they were too late. Mists rose up and seemed to hide the warband letting it get closer to the town walls before the defenders would have line of sight (Time Card: The Mists are Relentless. We pay the card penalty).

Fengray lunges at Ghardhak, wounding him severely (6 wounds). Celenthia kills the Ghoren Ragecaller. Ghardhak magic finally results in Wounds to Fengray while Celenthia successfully protects versus the wrath of Ghardhak (Arcane Resistance + Skin of Stone). Fengray winds up a killing blow (draws Lunge, Master Strike, Arcane Whetstone, Ancient Blade) but realizes there is no sounds of defenders fighting on the village walls. The warband continues in silence through the mists without any hark or cry from the defenders.

Seeing the realization dawning on Fengray's face, Ghardhak laughs again. "Yes, there are no defenders of the town. My allies poisoned the Warriors mead this morning. As I said, you already lost."

(Time Card: Ominous Silence: +2 Tme but nothing happens except in this case - automatic game loss)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Austin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. I had a similar first play, but didn't do nearly as much damage to Ghardak before running out of time. I also didn't play a couple of things right, but this was just a learning game. All in all, I am enjoying this game. Looks like a keeper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, this is such a great writeup! Thanks, and I hope you keep enjoying Mistfall!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.