Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone who missed the Dice Tower's KS campaign this past season, there are some remaining DoW promos (six crossroads cards that add a unique flavor to this great game).

Here's the link at CSI. I don't how much stock they have. These cards are certainly not a requirement, and Tom Vasel has already expressed his well-reasoned position on promos in general.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_search.php?pa=searchOnName&...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
About $20 USD for a few promos (shipping included to Canada)... I don't think I like Dead of Winter thaaat much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
About $20 USD for a few promos (shipping included to Canada)... I don't think I like Dead of Winter thaaat much.

In all fairness to Tom Vasel, I believe he gave the remaining promos to CSI (I presume he frequents that store) to clear out his own stock. What CSI charges for shipping is not up to him. I wish Tom had distributed them through his own website, because the money would go to help support the DT (definitely a worthy cause IMHO).

Regardless, these cards just add flavor to the game and you wouldn't be missing anything (except your money if paid for them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

tommygunn2011 wrote:
I believe he gave the remaining promos to CSI (I presume he frequents that store)...

CSI hosts the Dice Tower podcasts. It's a formal arrangement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Kester
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks!

I'm going to pick a set up and have them hold it until I place my next order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier A. Perez
Argentina
Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires
CABA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tommygunn2011 wrote:
Eeeville wrote:

In all fairness to Tom Vasel, I believe he gave the remaining promos to CSI (I presume he frequents that store) to clear out his own stock. What CSI charges for shipping is not up to him. I wish Tom had distributed them through his own website, because the money would go to help support the DT (definitely a worthy cause IMHO).

Regardless, these cards just add flavor to the game and you wouldn't be missing anything (except your money if paid for them).

Yeah, he doesn't control CSIs shipping policies, for sure, but he made the desition to sell them through CSI instead of himself, and he is getting his cut on that money (not that there's anything wrong with that). He didn't "give" them, he put them up for sale via CSI.

Having said that, CSI is a great store, and I'm pretty certain these cards won't add much shipping cost to any purchase you make with them, so if you're a regular or semi-regular buyer with them, and you like DoW, it's not that bad of a purchase, and you are helping the Dice Tower, wich is what these promos were made for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not trying to complain about Tom or CSI, just the Canadian Dollar and shipping rates really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
Not trying to complain about Tom or CSI, just the Canadian Dollar and shipping rates really.

Ahh... Totally misread into your comment. Sorry for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:

Yeah, I would be probably normally pick these up, but due to the dollar $20 USD is getting close to $30 CAD which sucks for 6 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:

Ya, the exchange rates are killing us right now. Game prices have been going up at an alarming rate.
Some of the shipping rates to Canada are insane. I wanted to order the Titan's Grave books from Green Ronin and they wanted $35US to ship two books to Canada! That doubles the cost before factoring in the exchange rate!

Nasty!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up! I'll be getting my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Currently out of stock now. Sadness

*EDIT (4 September 2015)*
Back in stock again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gonecase gonecase
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody has these cards? Are they quite innovative/interesting? Not all Dice Tower in-jokes I hope...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have them, they put a different spin on the crossroads. Nothing game changing but good for a laugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.