Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently relocated to Tucson and have re-acquired Netrunner stuff. It is, by far, my favorite competitive card game and I'd like to play more. It's a bit intimidating to go to the events and many players have been playing FAR more than I've had the opportunity to. I'd like to meet someone who is new(ish) to the game.

I listen to the casts, I have played about 30 or 40 games of Netrunner and have loved them all.

I'd like to hang out, talk Netrunner, and play loads. I'm not that good yet but I hope to get there eventually.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Stobbe
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jump into a tournament! It's by far the best way to find cool people to talk shop with and learn to "get good". I know that it can be a bit intimidating, but the Netrunner scene is really friendly!

Don't go into the tournament expecting to win it, or maybe even do well. Just have some fun and meet cool people.

We recently had a tourney where a new player (Just bought a core and the latest pack) was playing and I told him to pick a reasonable goal. He said "As long as I win 1 game, I'm good." He won exactly one game, but had a blast, and walked away with a box from the GNK. (We give out last place prizes). He also has been chatting nonstop about what he can do with his decks to make/pilot them better.

Maybe don't jump into Worlds, or even Regionals, but a GNK tournament is a great place to dip your toe into the competitive scene, where you see people bring out there jank decks and have fun.

You can try to talk to whoever runs the tournaments and see if they are willing to run a "beginners" tournament, maybe core set only?

tldr// Don't be intimidated and get into a tourny!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Higginson
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tucson Games and Gadgets has an LCG night, I'm not sure how good the turnout is, but it could be worth popping in, it's Tuesday nights.
You can also find more on their Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/tucsongamesandgadgets

I might be interested in causing mayhem with Netrunner at somepoint as well, though I literally /just/ got in to it (got the base game yesterday) so I'm still figuring it out myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zolgar wrote:
Tucson Games and Gadgets has an LCG night, I'm not sure how good the turnout is, but it could be worth popping in, it's Tuesday nights.
You can also find more on their Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/tucsongamesandgadgets

I might be interested in causing mayhem with Netrunner at somepoint as well, though I literally /just/ got in to it (got the base game yesterday) so I'm still figuring it out myself.

Super, I have all the cards for Netrunner now and some leet playmats and tokens. I'd like to experiment with the cards and have some fun with it rather than competing with pros. Perhaps we can join each other at Hat's Games (free tables whenever they are open) and perhaps G&G on Tuesdays.

PS: i'd be happy to help you play your first games. I've played about 20-30 games of Netrunner so the mechanics are rather fluid for me however I don't have trouble understanding from a complete newbie's perspective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Higginson
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
happycatmachine wrote:

Super, I have all the cards for Netrunner now and some leet playmats and tokens. I'd like to experiment with the cards and have some fun with it rather than competing with pros. Perhaps we can join each other at Hat's Games (free tables whenever they are open) and perhaps G&G on Tuesdays.

PS: i'd be happy to help you play your first games. I've played about 20-30 games of Netrunner so the mechanics are rather fluid for me however I don't have trouble understanding from a complete newbie's perspective.

I won't go to Hat's personally. Any of the other game stores in town I'm fine with.

TG&G has free open tables, until 10pm most nights, midnight Friday/Saturday.

Isle of Games has tables, don't recall if they started charging for them or not. (They might have a policy where it's pay $x or buy something)

The other stores in town I don't know what their general table space is like. Heroes and Villains I know often has 40K players camped out, Amazing Discoveries is popular with the Magic crowd, A2Z I know has tables but have never been there so no clue on the table policy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.