Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can one switch from patrol movement to Transit movement even if a RTB wasn't generated? One can only move to an adjacent OpsArea in patrol movement, correct? I was playing a patrol scenario and changed to patrol movement not far from PEarl Harbor... I think I was supposed to just transit to Empire Sea of Japan and just pratrol there? I was running out of weeks. The Harder got damaged when it encountered a small Japanese convoy in the South China Sea... and then failed its endurance test. Yikes! This was week 4 so I called it a loss. Though, I may have gotten back to PH, repaired and then transit moved to SoJ for some sinkage... hmm.

I think I'm going to jump into the campaign...

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jackson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Andrew, once you're in patrol mode, you can only switch to transit mode by going RTB, whether you decide to or you're forced to.

Regarding patrol movement, you can only move one OpArea.

Get ready for torpedo shock when you start the campaign surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Stephen.

So, in the patrol scenarios I should use Transit movement to the designated OpArea and then patrol? Is that how they are supposed to work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Llarry Amrose

Arizona
msg tools
Yes, that's how the patrols should work. Also, don't look at the number of weeks in the write-up as a limit, just an estimate. You stay out until you fail an Endurance roll. If you can stay out longer, great...

--Llarry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.