1 Posts

BattleCON: War of Indines» Forums » Organized Play

Subject: BattleCON in Central Ohio (Columbus area) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Johnson
msg tools
[Crossposted in the other BattleCON Organized Play forums]

So, I've spoken to the fine folks at the Guard Tower in Columbus, and they have told me that it would be no issue whatsoever if I were to organize a somewhat regular event for BattleCON there on Monday or Tuesday nights. I've consulted my personal schedule, and Tuesday is definitely open for me, so I'm putting forward feelers here on BGG to see if such a thing is possible.

Without further ado, how many people here would be interested in a semi-regular BattleCON event of some sort on Tuesday nights at the Guard Tower game store in Columbus, Ohio? Likely monthly or bi-weekly, at least until / unless we can grow the community large enough to warrant more frequent meetings. The events would not be formal tournaments, but instead casual play with, possibly, a league of some sorts.

One thing I've been ruminating on is having a sort of 'ranked' play wherein members can challenge each other to formal matches played by formal rules, filling out a match sheet as they play and turning it in to me afterwards, and I will then record it and track each player's individual ELO over the course of a couple months, culminating with some minor prize support awarded to the top placing players; I've got some assorted promos remaining from my KS shipment, and, more interestingly, I have access to a machine shop complete with CNC machines and would not mind some extra practice producing, say, a couple medals for the league. That said, this would depend a lot on participation and interest; not much point if there are only say six people.

Regardless, though, league or not, I'd definitely love to meet with some other BattleCON aficionados and play some games. My normal game groups are simply incapable of sating my hunger for this game, and I need more, more, and more. If you guys feel the same, and you are interested in Tuesday afternoon/evening/night meetings at the Guard Tower in Columbus Ohio, respond here and we'll find each other out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.