Mike Jackson
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Hi All,

Thanks for your responses to the SLAB tournaments proposal posted previously.

We have sufficient interest to run a Brisbane based ASL tournament again next year

The next step is to get the planning done ... not a huge task, but I do like to give players from the 2015 tourney who may be participating again in 2016 a chance to have a say in how things happen in 2016 if they wish to. As this planning will include consideration of the number of participants and their levels of experience please advise me if you think you may be entering the 2016 tourney by 15 September 2015. This is with a view to getting the tournament going early in the new year. All reasonable efforts will be made to cater for later applicants also, but be aware that the tourney format selected may restrict numbers and/or experience levels as it did last year. Unless there is a call for change, the tournament will once again be an entirely FREE event.

You may reply via this thread or by personal message on site. Remember that beginners are welcome and will be catered for.

Oh, and for those who don't know what Advanced Squad Leader (ASL) is, it's a very detailed World War II tactical combat board game. Just punch it into the search box here on site and all will be revealed!

Thanks again. I'll report back after 15 Sept when participant numbers are more clear.

Cheers,

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jackson
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Oops! I forgot to report back didn't I!

Never mind. We ended up getting a full player draw for the main Advanced Squad Leader (ASL) tourney anyway. That kicked off on Jan 1 and will continue through 5 rounds over the next few months til we have a winner. In fact we're running two tourneys this year due to having a broader spread of player experience levels. The lower standard minor tourney will be kicking off soon.

If you're wanting to get into ASL you're still welcome to contact me by personal mail here on site any time. I can line you up for some casual gaming on an individual ad-hoc basis even while the tourneys are underway.

Cheers,

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.