Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norbert Chan
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Wow, so this is what you get for 100 pieces of gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don had bought this recently at my recommendation, and it was my first time trying it along with Jean. Don and Tim had played before, while Trevor who had won while pairing up with Gary the first game decided to coach us.

Player order was Jean, Tim, Don and myself. We were playing the 5 basic Gods.

Jean’s first play was to take a Gathering card, which gives 1 VP per different family in a legend. Trevor had told us that the level legends (all 1s 2s or 3s of different suits) had won convincingly last time, aided by the Gathering cards. I got a ‘3’ card, the Golden Fleece which gives you a VP everytime you transfer or get a blue Poseidon card.

So I was trying to earn VPs as they came, not plan for a long level legend. I got a 1/2/3 Poseiden legend making as much use of the Golden Fleece as I could, and I got an 1/2/3 Athena legend, but the 3 card let me earn 1 VP and 1 gold per Athena card in my domain before shuttling off to my Elysium. So I had a fair sized lead in VP tokens.

Don had the lead in ‘3’ level legends, and was threatening to earn the VPs for the ‘2’ level legends, but Tim wrestled that away at game end from Don. I thought Don was going to win with an amazing tableau of level legends, but it was not his destiny.

I got burned on the quest once, so I had to take a degraded quest. I didn’t quite think it through on the last epoch when a run for the quests was made and I had to settle for a degraded quest. This could have cost me the victory, so next time I’ll have to be careful about player order.

Jean put together a five level 1 legend, with 3 of the gathering cards, so the Chronos values of those 3 cards was 5 VPs each or 15 VPs. He also got 12 VP for the legend, so that along was 27 pts! It was quite an impressive victory but I kept it close. My Poseidon card had one which gave me 1 VP per for every 4 discards, for 4 VPs (19 discards), but my Chronos cards were not as good as Jean's.

Scores:
Jean 62 (11 family legends, 13 VPs, 19 level legends, 19 chronos)
Norbert 61 (33 family legends, 21 VPs, 7 chronos)
Don 54 (19 faimly legends, 7 VPs, 19 level legends, 9 chronos)
Tim 42 (11 family legends, 15 VPs, 16 level legends)

Jean's Elysium is on the top, with the 1 level legend earning 30 pts. My tableau on the bottom was all made up with the easier family legends.

I’m looking forward to try and improve my play, particularly in getting the quest tile. I’m also looking forward to trying the other decks in the game. It’s an interesting game, and I definitely want to play a few more times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this for the first time last nite as well and I also enjoyed it. My opponents let me get 4 gathering cards on the way to a full legend of 1s, so it gave me 35 points alone including the 3 points for largest legend of 1s. Wound up with 61 points between my other legends and in game points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.