Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Latshaw
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
If so, Will it allow the base game and expansions to fit in one box? I am very impressed with their inserts for other games ( such as Mage Knight and Caverna). Just wondering if this one is with getting. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Chhay
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
did I buy this?
badge
Nodoka Miyazaki ~ Negima!
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the reviews on their site, the BT insert does fit the expansions.

However, my biggest reason for not getting it is because it doesn't pre-organize the upgrade tiles for easy game set up. You still have to pull them out and stack them on the table.

Here's my storage solution using Plano boxes: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/19874575

The upgrade tiles are all organized inside a plano box. You don't have to stack all the tiles at set up, and you just hand it around the table when people want to use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Broken Token insert looks good and I'm a fan of their stuff (I have their inserts for Lords of Waterdeep, 7 Wonders, and Ascension).

I haven't picked up their Eclipse insert for a couple reasons:

- I keep my tech tiles in plastic containers with dividers that are very easy to pass around the table but don't fit in the box; the practicality of these containers trumps the practicality of being able to put it all in a single box. I also keep all my painted ships in a different box.

- There is a new Eclipse expansion coming late this year or early next year. I spoke to Broken Token at Origins and Gen Con and they said they would have to look at the expansion and think about modifying their insert so that it fits. They will of course have to wait until it comes out and they know what it comprises--as must we all.

I might consider picking up a revised Broken Token insert post-expansion, depending on what it looks like and how functional it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
i have it & it's fantastic, but i will say there's no chance the next expansion is going to fit with the current design (it's a tight fit in there).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knarr
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drammattex wrote:

- There is a new Eclipse expansion coming late this year or early next year. I spoke to Broken Token at Origins and Gen Con and they said they would have to look at the expansion and think about modifying their insert so that it fits. They will of course have to wait until it comes out and they know what it comprises--as must we all.

Thanks for that info, and meh, since I just ordered the Eclipse insert right before reading in on this. But well, I guess before the time comes where I want to include the second expansion (still haven't played with RotA), I might still get some value out of the insert .

Actually, the Broken Token upgrade token solution I don't mind so much, since I hand out this player-aid anyways and like seeing the stacks of upgrades on their corresponding board, but that's just me .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Mauer
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got the Eclipse insert from Daedalus Productions, and I'm quite impressed with it.

http://www.daedalusproductionsinc.com/product/quick-start-in...

Fits the base game and the expansions, and it allows for a quick-setup though if you are using the expansions you might need to shuffle some stuff together during setup and separate it afterwards.

I got the "self-assembled" version, and construction took me about 6 hours give or take -- so it may well be worth the extra $20 to get the preassembled one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hawke wrote:
I recently got the Eclipse insert from Daedalus Productions, and I'm quite impressed with it.

http://www.daedalusproductionsinc.com/product/quick-start-in...

That's impressive. I'll be interested to see if they expand on it with next Eclipse expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Mauer
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drammattex wrote:

That's impressive. I'll be interested to see if they expand on it with next Eclipse expansion.

It'll be tough, there's very little space wasted. They even manage to get the Ship Pack 1 expansion to fit in there (as well as the first expansion).

My only complaint is that I can't fit the cube trays in there anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Purdon

Twinsburg
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it will be possible to make it work as is with the coming 3rd expansion, however it will be a bit forced. I don't have the cube trays though - yeah no way those will fit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've given up on getting everything in one box. I have two Eclipse boxes so I just bring both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.