Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, going through all details of this amazing KS, I did not get a good view how a campaign folds out. Are there any details about how a party of heroes and the overlord make progress in the campaign skill-wise?

Looking at the entire picture I assume the heroes and perhaps the overlord obtains allies and weaponry during the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Scheuber
Germany
Köln
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know the only campaign mode is in the campaign/art book KS exclusive addon.

Quote:
This book contains the beautiful artwork from the Conan game as well as 19 brand new scenarios that ca, be played as an 8-episode campaign including hero and overlord progression!

Other than that the scenarios are one shots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
The game design in general is not about campaigns and progression. It's about single, self-contained scenarios.

The KS exclusive scenario book has a campaign progression to it because the backers asked for it so often, but I don't expect to see it present in any other products (unless the game does super well and they add more expansions later, then they might add such a system as a selling point).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cable
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monolith is going to release a website that will allow the community to upload custom content. I would look to the community for campaign books in the future and I am sure Monolith will support these ideas if enough people jump on board.

I am hoping that the expansions will have mini campaigns, but if you are looking for something on a larger scale (like Descent), I would have to agree with Max and grab the KS exclusive scenario booklet for the King Pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Johnson
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
There will be both skill and equipment cards available to the heroes and the overlord during the campaign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies! I ordered the total package including the campaign book. Friends and I have Descent 2 and Star Wars Imperial Assault in our collection and we have a great time playing the campaigns specifically. Campaigns make certain decisions by the players more meaningful since the consequences carry over to the next scenario. A grand adventure!

Nonetheless, I am convinced we are going to have a hell of a good time with the large amount of scenarios shipping with Conan and it's expansions. And with the creativity of this boardgame community I expect a lot of other adventures and campaigns. Hell, perhaps I myself will craft something out of it.

Quote:
This book contains the beautiful artwork from the Conan game as well as 19 brand new scenarios that can be played as an 8-episode campaign including hero and overlord progression!

This says there is some kind of progression for heroes and overlord, so something I look forward to and hopefully Monolith reveals more details in the near future (although the campaign book will be released in wave 2.)

WhelpSlayer wrote:
There will be both skill and equipment cards available to the heroes and the overlord during the campaign

Hiya Jamie! I just posted this reply and noticed your reply. Thanks for the confirmation! This is great news and makes me look forward to the campaign book even more. arrrh I am happy with all your updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.