Matt Morgan
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

If you're from the area, I'm looking to identify local players, as well as local shops that might (or already do) support X-Wing. We're blessed with great X-Wing groups surrounding us in every direction (South Jersey, North Jersey, NYC), but nothing in our own backyard!

Join up here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1626915800912924/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Goodhand
United States
GSP Exit #20 (Seaville)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hey there Gundabad - greetings fellow X-Winger.

I grew up in that area for 3/4ths of my childhood and then after being away for a dozen years in the military, I came back for another two decades. Anyway, I am very familiar with Monmouth County (Middlesex - not so much), but when we retired in 2012 we moved to Cape May County.

However, I still get back there almost monthly to participate in gaming events with the "Exit 105 Gamers" (now a BGG Guild). Next Tuesday (09/29/15) a couple friends and I are planning to run Star Wars X-Wing demo session and multi-player mission scenario for the rest of the group. You're welcome to join us if you're available.

Also if you are on FaceBook,COM, search for "South Jersey/Philadelphia/Delaware Area Star Wars X-Wing, Armada, Imperial Assault Alliance." This group has grown to over 200 players who banter daily about all things related to Star Wars. The admins have been attempting to coordinate the routine events and especially the regular tournaments of about 20 gaming stores in the region.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Morgan
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, the South Jersey/PA group is one of the finest in the country. I've been playing with them since the first day X-Wing hit store shelves, but getting tired of driving 60-90 minutes for a game, and figure with the growing popularity, there may now be enough local players to pull a group together.

I hope your Tuesday demo session goes well. I'll def check out Exit 105 Gamers, but this coming Tuesday, was running a group meetup at The Game Room in Woodbridge, so can't make it this time around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Goodhand
United States
GSP Exit #20 (Seaville)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I know what you mean about driving 60-90 min. just for a game or two. I had a year without a car payment and didn't mind the trips too much, but now my budget is a lot tighter. I was playing x-wing with Brian Alan when he was still using the MeetUp/GOTCHA before he started the FaceBook Group and have been with them through its several name changes... first he added IA, then A, then recently drooped the SW to add Del. The discussion following each have been laughable.

Living near Ocean City, NJ, I am excited that the new game store, Nerdvana in Egg Harbor Twp. only 20 miles away, is starting up its own Star Wars League this week - in coordination with the FB: So.J/Phil/Del ... Alliance. My alternative venues have been All The Kings men in Pitman (53 mi), All Things Fun in West Berlin (58 mi), Trotta's Hobbies in Barnegat (62 mi), East Coast Games in Toms River (75 mi) or Games Keep in West Chester, PA (89 mi). I've met only great people at all of these locations.

Maybe we'll run into each other at some event and try not to let our ships run into each other while we "pew-pew" them off the board (~~lol~~) Happy gaming and happy trails to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.