Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Heath K
United States
Sabina
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do Status Effects stack? If an enemy causes stun on two separate attacks against my hero, will it lose two actions for my next turn?

Also wondering if Overboard heroes are considered In Reserve? The rule book states that a hero In Reserve means it is waiting to enter the game board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Overboard does not count as Reseeve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Loo
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fat Jesus wrote:
Do Status Effects stack? If an enemy causes stun on two separate attacks against my hero, will it lose two actions for my next turn?

My group assumes that the Status Effects do not stack; we felt that it was too unfair if they did, but I am keen to find out the official ruling as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hirsch
United States
Holliston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fat Jesus wrote:

Also wondering what the official answer is. There's actually 3 different ways to resolve this:

1. Condition tokens don't stack at all. One per hero (for each condition).
2. Tokens stack, and their effects stack.
3. Tokens stack, but the effects do not stack. (this makes them harder to get rid of, in the case of a few abilities that can remove a single condition token)

#1 is probably easiest to play by and I'd guess that is designer intent as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shinall
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A Hero either has or doesn't have a Status Effect. The tokens/effects do not stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Loo
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mongrel wrote:

3. Tokens stack, but the effects do not stack. (this makes them harder to get rid of, in the case of a few abilities that can remove a single condition token)

Sorry I realised my post was unclear. #3 is the way we play, and it looks like Michael has confirmed it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Esplin wrote:
Sorry I realised my post was unclear. #3 is the way we play, and it looks like Michael has confirmed it

Michael confirmed #1. He said neither the tokens nor the effects stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Chapman
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Shinall wrote:
A Hero either has or doesn't have a Status Effect. The tokens/effects do not stack.

What about Anne Bonny? Per this:

https://www.coolminiornot.com/rum_and_bones/Wellsport%20Hero...

her third ability applies 2 status effects to a hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Chapman
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another example:

https://www.coolminiornot.com/rum_and_bones/La%20Brise%20San...

Captain Francois l’Olonnais His level 2 applies 3 debuffs

Granted, I don't have the card in front of me and I'm going off an online pdf picture, but if it hasn't been changed from that version, I think that pretty clearly indicates that heroes can have more than one status effect on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Stack" in this instance is referring to multiples of the same status. Different status effects stack, but that's not what was at issue here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.