Juan Lara
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mb
Hi all,

Sorry if my English is not very good, I´m not native speaker.

I would like to ask you if this Saga, Over hill, under hill is doable with only one core Set.

I bought it to continue expand my deck and I´m finding that it´s pretty difficult to success with the Sack issue as I only have 2 cards to remove the sacks from my heroes as far as I know.

I love this game but I always have the feeling that you have to buy more decks, more expansion to have better choice to face the quest.

Am I wrong?. I´m thinking to give up and sell my game due to this feeling that is not enough what you buy actually to just complete the game, you allways need more cards for other expansions...

Thanks for your comment and apologies for any grammatical mistake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Khax wrote:
Hi all,

Sorry if my English is not very good, I´m not native speaker.

I would like to ask you if this Saga, Over hill, under hill is doable with only one core Set.

I bought it to continue expand my deck and I´m finding that it´s pretty difficult to success with the Sack issue as I only have 2 cards to remove the sacks from my heroes as far as I know.

I love this game but I always have the feeling that you have to buy more decks, more expansion to have better choice to face the quest.

Am I wrong?. I´m thinking to give up and sell my game due to this feeling that is not enough what you buy actually to just complete the game, you allways need more cards for other expansions...

Thanks for your comment and apologies for any grammatical mistake

Doable but difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Lara
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply. As I guess, If I don´t want to suffer too much more expansions are needed...

this´s what I dislike of this game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keith romstad
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I are about to buy just a core and this expansion... if it is to hard with just these, what do I need to make this less painful? Another core? A different expansion? If so which one? Thanks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark K.
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These scenarios are certainly doable with just the core set as the sage expansions are designed with newcomers in mind. That being said, the quests can be tough for new players without experience. You don't know what cards are good and what are coasters and what cards have good synergies. That kind of exploration can be fun though!

All in all, I would just go ahead and buy the core set + this expansions. It should work out fine. If not, then head over to the strategy section for advice. If this still does not help, just then go and buy more expansions (if you still enjoy the game that is of course).

Finally, there is an excellent new player buying guide here: https://talesfromthecards.wordpress.com/2013/09/13/new-playe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.