Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to make sure I'm reading the card right (very small text):

Mythos + Knowledge, 3 successes summon base creature or 5 successes for elite creature.

When you have the creature do combat for you, roll dice equal to its combat score + your Mythos.

Please confirm all that is correct.

Also, while the summoned creature is under control, does it count as an Adventurer or Companion? This would affect the outnumber calculation and cards that can cause one to lose a Companion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
I just want to make sure I'm reading the card right (very small text):

Mythos + Knowledge, 3 successes summon base creature or 5 successes for elite creature.

When you have the creature do combat for you, roll dice equal to its combat score + your Mythos.

Please confirm all that is correct.

Also, while the summoned creature is under control, does it count as an Adventurer or Companion? This would affect the outnumber calculation and cards that can cause one to lose a Companion.

Hey!

Basically you're correct above, for companion part, no its basically more like a weapon item how it moves off the board next to your character sheet... But remember the upkeep is dangerous!

Let me know if you need more clarification!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Wiley
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
I actually had a question about this. If the adventurer that holds the Necronomican dies (which happened during my first play though), does the creature remain as part of the item with upkeep triggering during the next tomb phase, does the creature simply get discarded, or does the creature immediately get put on the board as a creature?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jani Pietikäinen
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a creature attacks another creature, does the attacking creature benefit from its armor rating like an adventurer would from his armor points?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are my thoughts:

If the adventurer controlling the creature dies, the creature would go back under its own control. Thus it would show up in the room as a creature, and move and attack in the Tomb Phase just like any other creature..

Yes, I would think the creature's armor would apply when determining how much damage it takes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
prestonw wrote:
I actually had a question about this. If the adventurer that holds the Necronomican dies (which happened during my first play though), does the creature remain as part of the item with upkeep triggering during the next tomb phase, does the creature simply get discarded, or does the creature immediately get put on the board as a creature?

This is a GREAT question. So... using Logic, the answer would be simple... Because the Dead Adventurer can no longer roll Upkeep, then the check is automatically failed, Thus, adding the Creature to the Board!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pietu85 wrote:
When a creature attacks another creature, does the attacking creature benefit from its armor rating like an adventurer would from his armor points?

Yes! The armor stops damage as it works with an Adventurer... meaning it prevents damage (not die rolls... because Creatures CAN'T Roll dice (yet )

So... basically treat it like the creature was wearing armor like a player would be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaYa Hanák
Hungary
Budapest
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My questions regarding to the Necronomicon:
- when can be casted? Is it an action, or any time, when a monster attacks, the keeper of the Necronomicon can cast a monster? What's happen if it's unsuccessful (Less then 3 successes?)
- Is it necessary to decide in advance if I go for the 5 successes - or after rolling, the result will decide?
- When you fight with the summoned monster - is anybody lost courage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaYa wrote:
My questions regarding to the Necronomicon:
- when can be casted? Is it an action, or any time, when a monster attacks, the keeper of the Necronomicon can cast a monster? What's happen if it's unsuccessful (Less then 3 successes?)
- Is it necessary to decide in advance if I go for the 5 successes - or after rolling, the result will decide?
- When you fight with the summoned monster - is anybody lost courage?

It must be used on the Adventurer's turn that wants to use it. Spend an Action and use the item. Then you must choose, to do Base Creature or Elite creature. Then roll: If you fail, you don't get the creature.

If you Fail the Upkeep roll, the Creature comes to life in that room out of your control. It then attacks players as normal and you lose courage as normal etc.

Thanks,

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hockey Dad
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One other question regarding the Necronomicon usage: If critical fails are rolled and results in a status effect (jinxed, cursed, etc.) does the card apply to the creature or the adventurer?

I envisioned the use of this as the adventurer standing back out of the fight and thus being immune to the status effect, just like the creature can take the damage from the attack.

But if it's simply treated as a weapon, then the adventurer would be subject to the status effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hockeydad16k wrote:
One other question regarding the Necronomicon usage: If critical fails are rolled and results in a status effect (jinxed, cursed, etc.) does the card apply to the creature or the adventurer?

I envisioned the use of this as the adventurer standing back out of the fight and thus being immune to the status effect, just like the creature can take the damage from the attack.

But if it's simply treated as a weapon, then the adventurer would be subject to the status effect.

Creatures can not be the target of status effects. And, yes, the creature is treated as a weapon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hockey Dad
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Chris.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.