Popular Tags: [View All]
Falko Jäger
Germany
Berlin
Deutschland (DE)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am 50% of "The Game Doctors"; we are two friends from Berlin, Germany, who enjoy playing board games. This hobby has spawned another hobby for us: designing laser-cut inserts for complex games.

At the moment we are presenting our prototypes. One of them is for Runewars (excluding the expansion for lack of space).

It looks like this:

We want to make our inserts the best they can be, so we would really appreciate some feedback from the BGG community!

We also have an article about our Runewars insert on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/gamedoctors/posts/511757008983018
Please feel free to comment or ask us anything.

Thank you!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if you don't have a way to get all expansion stuff in the box too, it's not going to sell well. Just my first impression.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:
I think if you don't have a way to get all expansion stuff in the box too, it's not going to sell well. Just my first impression.

QFT.

Me, personally I wouldn't buy it because I have the first edition with the nice large box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:

Is this bec most people with revised bought the expansion? Or just that it becomes a more pressing prob at that point?

It almost looks like box could fit the expansion with a little re-design. The faction trays look quite roomy and might actually be able to accommodate new units. Those, plus a few new map tiles, are the primary space requirement for expansion? (I haven't opened mine yet. Perhaps i underestimate the space required for more cards, more cities, etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falko Jäger
Germany
Berlin
Deutschland (DE)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SirWashington wrote:
It almost looks like box could fit the expansion with a little re-design. The faction trays look quite roomy and might actually be able to accommodate new units. Those, plus a few new map tiles, are the primary space requirement for expansion? (I haven't opened mine yet. Perhaps i underestimate the space required for more cards, more cities, etc.)

Hi! I am sorry for the late response, but I was on vacation for 10 days and enjoyed some abstinence from the internet

Your post prompted us to re-check our design for Runewars. While some components from the expansion could reasonably be integrated into the existing trays, we find it impossible to fit the entire expansion in there. From a spatial standpoint alone it might be possible, but then we would have to give up some of the nicer design choices that are supposed to supplement gameplay.

This is at least our position at this point. Another designer might find a working solution!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.