Jeff Meitzler
United States
West Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for a storage solution for an deluxe expansion with its corresponding 6 adventure packs (just the encounter cards), what box would be perfect for that amount of cards?

I will not store the players cards, just the encounter cards, and I would like it to facilitate assembling the quests easily.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
BCW 400 card box. About $0.70 apiece. I sleeve, so if you don't you might be able to get away with a smaller one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John85 wrote:
BCW 400 card box. About $0.70 apiece. I sleep, so if you don't you might be able to get away with a smaller one.

I am going to assume he means sleeve. I admit to having to read this thrice before i understood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Ward
United States
Newark
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gumps wrote:
John85 wrote:
BCW 400 card box. About $0.70 apiece. I sleep, so if you don't you might be able to get away with a smaller one.

I am going to assume he means sleeve. I admit to having to read this thrice before i understood.

What, you can't just accept that the dude sleeps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, sorry voice recognition on a smartphone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schulz
United States
Saint Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Core set box with dividers added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milo Gertjejansen
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
~ >
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this very thing today. I wanted a way to keep the deluxe expansion boxes without having a ton of empty boxes.

This holds only the deluxe expansion as well as the adventure pack encounter cards. Also, if I want to sleeve this I will have to redo it. I just got started so sleeving isn't top priority.

Box closed:

Box open with a cut up insert (I love the art):

The box open with a foam core insert:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
badalchemist
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good, but one suggestion: cut notches next to the cards for your fingers to slip in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milo Gertjejansen
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
~ >
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badalchemist wrote:
Looks good, but one suggestion: cut notches next to the cards for your fingers to slip in

You know, I was wondering how I should lift those out without tipping over the box.

That's a good idea.

My idea was to put ribbons or something glued to the bottom of each compartment with little icons on the other end which corresponded to the encounter section, so you could just lift the ribbon and grab the deck. Your idea is a good one too though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I put the encounter sets into small plastic bags (only slightly larger size than the cards themselves).
Then after removing (or flattening) the insert, they all fit inside the Deluxe box.

I have both the full Khazad Dum and Shadow cycles contained inside their respective Deluxe boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.