Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Looking for a game from the late 70's or early 80's rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott None
msg tools
Trying to find a game I played as a kid and I hope someone else remembers this. It had some unique features but it isn't something that is easy to search for with search engines.

One of the most prominent features was a tower in the center...but it was not "Dark Tower." shake The tower in this game was, indeed, dark. In fact light/dark was sort of a theme and it was meant to be played in the dark or minimal light. At the top of the center tower there was something to grab and spin. The inner part of the power had a directional light that spun around and eventually lined up with one of 8 (or so) apertures that lined up with 8 (or so) paths on the board. The game play was you moved your pieces down the lane to the tower and at each turn you spun the light. If the light ended up shining down the lane your piece was on the piece was "destroyed" (the imagery was the light was a "laser" or something and it blew away the game piece...which was some sort of modular space pod. It had a space motif. If the game piece reached the tower the piece actually fitted in to the aperture and would block the "laser" and thus the lane was made safe.

I appreciate anyone reading all that - I have tried to keep it short. If I could get a name for this game at least I could see a picture of it. I guess I'm feeling nostalgic. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Jankowski
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like Laser Attack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott None
msg tools
That's it!!!! Thank you!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Adams
Australia
Mt Lawley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lhfreak wrote:
Sounds like Laser Attack?
Impressive, 49 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.