3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Academy Games scifi/fantasy series? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
I saw a GenCon interview on Academy Games Facebook page. Uwe mentioned a scifi/fantasy series,(Apollo?) utilizing one of their existing systems. Is there any info on this somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tan
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
That's me and my other pastime. I perform as John Lennon in several Beatles tribute acts.
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not going to find any info online. I had lunch with Uwe after WBC and we talked about Academy's expansion into the sci-fi /fantasy genre. It's definitely going to happen. A few of us had a mini post con where we played prototypes of my space 4x design, Many Parsecs of Space, their upcoming Viking invasion of England game and some other titles. He expressed very high interest in my design as it fits right in line with their other planned sci-fi titles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
m3tan wrote:
You're not going to find any info online. I had lunch with Uwe after WBC and we talked about Academy's expansion into the sci-fi /fantasy genre. It's definitely going to happen. A few of us had a mini post con where we played prototypes of my space 4x design, Many Parsecs of Space, their upcoming Viking invasion of England game and some other titles. He expressed very high interest in my design as it fits right in line with their other planned sci-fi titles.

Cool, I don't know how much you can share but do you know if he plans to reskin one of the existing systems? I really like the dice combat in the Birth of Nations series. I think the Faction card based movement and "fled units" mechanics would be perfect for a scifi themed game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.