Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Migs
United States
Roanoke
VA
flag msg tools
mbmb
How exactly do the mercenaries work in respect to the tide deck being used? For example, can I have one Wellsport Brotherhood character on me team + four mercenaries and use the Wellsport Brotherhood tide deck or does the majority of my team need to be whatever deck I am using, in this case three Wellsport Brotherhood + two merecenaries?

EDIT: Sorry if my post is similar to https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1426797/mercenary-tide-deck

I hope there is enough of a distinction here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shinall
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You always use the Tide Deck belonging to your chosen faction. The number of Mercenaries on your team does not factor into this.

The only exception would be if you have the Mercenary Tide Deck from Kickstarter, which specifically needs a full team of mercenaries to be used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Migs
United States
Roanoke
VA
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Rainbow
msg tools
Ok, so if you have a full Mercenary team, then you would use only the Mercenary tide deck and leave the Wellsport alone, correct? What happens if both factions choose all Mercenaries? They don't share the deck do they? How do you manage that scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't quote me on this, but I think the Mercenary deck was a Kickstarter bonus. You don't need it to play. So you can always use all Mercenaries and still use one of he normal faction decks.

There's no Mercenary ship board, so you'll be using one of the regular faction ships anyway.

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Sullivan
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flobo22 wrote:
Ok, so if you have a full Mercenary team, then you would use only the Mercenary tide deck and leave the Wellsport alone, correct? What happens if both factions choose all Mercenaries? They don't share the deck do they? How do you manage that scenario?

Pick your faction, then pick your team. So if you own the Merc tide deck, use that, otherwise you pick any other faction and then select any merchant team. The case of two merc players is interesting, but I think the answer there is "don't". You wouldn't pick Wellsport twice without a second copy of the game, would you? (This is why my wife and I each got our own pile of boxes, we can each pick our teams without interference.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.