Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Osborne
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend and I had our first game of 12 Realms and it was just a terrible disaster.

I was playing the Sugar Plum Fairy and he was playing King Arthur. Our realms were Cherry Blossom and Ancient Greece. Just using the basic rules... no special anything since it was our first game.

The treasures that were out there for King Arthur all needed books... and he didn't have any. Nor was there any other way to get money so without a single book, he couldn't make purchases at the store and couldn't upgrade his character to deal with the many oncoming threats in Ancient Greece... and the Gorgon was very frightening with the double poison.

I used my one money to go shopping, but I was also lacking a book for some of the threats I needed. I did manage to get a flying pig and a Cowboy Hat... so I was certainly looking quite dashing. I flew to the aid of King Arthur and our combined 3 stars were enough to take down the black fortress in Ancient Greece, but we still had no means to pick up any of the needed artifacts to face our enemies and so we were done for from turn one.

The realms were lost for lack of a book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAGE Company
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch, that was painful.
Use the special buildings - Inn and Bazaar will help you by providing additional talents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Tieman
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
Gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm finding that hero (based on talents) selection is critical, especially at higher difficulties. The shops are able to compensate with certain items, but it can be tricky.
Digging the game! Glad I went all in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAGE Company
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The most powerful regarding money is Siegfried..
Another more complete, easy and adorable figure is Snow White, she helps a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Osborne
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our Second Game went a bit better.

I was Little Red Riding Hood and my friend was Robin Hood.
We were doing a lot better this time around. Little Red grabbed some treasures and picked up a knight that gave me two more swords. With three swords, she viciously brought down BOTH dark fortresses while taking down many enemies. Robin Hood was set with the needed stats to take down his dark lord, but I still needed one more heart.

However... it turned out we had a bigger problem. Only two artifacts had come out for Robin Hood... and so though he had the skills to take out the villain, he didn't have that third artifact. My Dark Lord had not come out yet.

The Dark Lord defeated us as we never got all three artifacts.

Arrrgh!

Well... maybe better luck next time... and next time we might use those buildings as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAGE Company
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You place the first artifact from the beginning, right?

You must also be careful with which side of the Heroes you play. Using the abilities, it may be useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Osborne
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Sorry I wasn't clear on that.

He got the first one that was on the board at the start, and a second one came out, but we never got the 3rd one before the Dark Lord hit the 20... so we never could fight the Dark lord.

Funny thing is the other Dark Lord was only at 13 or 14.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.