Formula Next Generation» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pingo Karlsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I find your game interesting and want to try it out. I have read all the rules and your thread about "How to enter a curve". But there are a couple of questions I need clarification:

1. Can SPD gain/loss adjustments (Box C or Ideal Line) change my speed outside my current gear limitations?

2. If I change break counter (and pay 2 AP) do I need to break?

3. It is suggested in your thread about "How to enter a curve" that you can change the break counter more than one time during your turn. Is this correct? What about gear changing - can you change gear more than one time during your turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pingo Karlsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Another rule question.
1. What are the gray areas on the gear templates for? One on gear #2 and two on gear #3 and so on.

If I have understood the rules correctly: The max allowable acceleration is dictated by the gear template (the max number of steps the SPD counter can be moved up). But the SPD counter cannot be moved beyond the limit of the current gear. One need to stop at the end/limit of the gear and wait to the next turn to change gear to accelerate again. What about to brake?

2. Can one brake beyond a gear limit or do you need to stop at end of current gear and wait to the next turn and change gear to be able to brake again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!
First -thank you for trying FNG!
Hope you enjoy the race

Hope I can answer your questions with the FNG philosophy.
FNG is all about racing down the straight - using the pre-set gears. And then brake as late as you dare.

The curve is not simulated "in real time" per se. It is a design for effect. In short:

Finishing the straight too fast - and you will be slow on the next straight.
Finishing the straight slow - you will be faster (or at least have a better start) on next straight.

The braking is already implemented in the 10 DU loss and speed drop. If you for some reason need more braking, I suggest a house rule that you may lose additional DU. The additional braking will be experienced on the start of next straight (design for effect). This additional loss of DU must be limited (Locking wheels in a curve usually means out of race).

Shifting gear down while braking I did not find necessary as the braking is done prior to entering the curve. I assume that the driver has shifted gear correctly during the curve ( faster game play)and you start next straight in any gear you prefer. Again -it is all about faster game play, removing details.

You may jump over gears - but then you have seriously done a poor job in setting gears prior to the race, if you find this necessary.

To be honest I do not remember what the grey shade is for. Probably something leftover of a previous design.

Chang brake counter, and no need to brake? Never thought of that option. Hope you can test it and report what you think.

Thanks again for racing FNG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.