Subject: Sea convoy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
I would like to be sure that my reasoning is correct concerning sea convoy.
Thank you for your help.

Situation at the beginning of the Migration action.
The citizen #1 wants to migrate to the other side of the inlet.

Ship #2 conveys citizen #1 through the inlet in the same region, before making its own migration.

Ship #2 performs its own migration to the open sea region with the whales where it is placed at the junction of two regions, since it plans a second conveying after its own migration: those of citizen #3.

Citizen #3 performs its migration by a conveyor chains with three ships: a, 2 and b.
This is the second conveying of ship #2 and the first of ship a.

Citizen #4 performs its migration also chained by a conveyor through ships a and #5.
This is the second conveying of ship a and the first of ship #5.

Ship #5 performs its own migration after making the conveyor of citizen #4 and is placed on the inlet of the finish area as he plans to convey citizen #6.

Citizen #6 performs its migration through ship #5 that realizes his second conveyor.

Finally, citizen #7 migrates to an adjacent region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To me, it seems correct. No meeples or ships had been previously engaged and everybody migrates exactly once. Very good presentation!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you !
I love the gorgeous design too ! Congratulations to Christophe and Ismael !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very well done indeed!

I would agree with the previous response, yes, this is correct. So long as it was said: No meeples or ships had been previously engaged and everybody migrates exactly once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Vail
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, on example number 4....there does NOT need to be a ship on the region in between 2 and b???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
Nerkey wrote:
So, on example number 4....there does NOT need to be a ship on the region in between 2 and b???

It doesn't matter what tile the ships are on, all that matters is what edges have ships on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Vail
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
islan wrote:
Nerkey wrote:

It doesn't matter what tile the ships are on, all that matters is what edges have ships on them.

that just seems weird to me. It would make much more sense that a boat could travel the whole region to an edge to pass the guy off to another boat on the same edge but different region to ship him to the next edge and so on. The edge thing seems to just make it more confusing and odd.

So, do I have to use a migration action to move a boat ON THE SAME region from one edge to another?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
Nerkey wrote:
that just seems weird to me.

It's pretty much the most confusing part of the game, but once you get your head wrapped around it, it's not too hard. It's an abstraction representing a bunch of ships moving back and forth to exchange people; each ship is meeting at the mid-point between them, the ships are just placed on the edge to show the path you are connecting and to keep the ship's in their respective region (which is where they remain after the convoy).

Quote:
So, do I have to use a migration action to move a boat ON THE SAME region from one edge to another?

A ship may move one region during a migration action; arranging the ship at different edges within the same region for a convoy is free within the same migration action. Just remember that in order to perform a convoy, each joint edge along the path needs a ship on it (you cannot move a ship in the middle of a convoy so that it joins two separate edges within the same hex).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Vail
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, If you kept all the pieces where they are now on example 2.....could meeple #1 convoy all the way over to the far lower right where the other boat is, on the region where there is a wood, fish and exotic fruit??? the example in the rules seems to think that you just need to have a boat on the starting and ending regions. no matter how many other regions are between them.

Just trying to wrap my head around this. If there doesn't need to be a boat on EVERY region you travel through. How do you know which ones you need to have a boat on them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
Nerkey wrote:
Just trying to wrap my head around this. If there doesn't need to be a boat on EVERY region you travel through. How do you know which ones you need to have a boat on them?

It does not need a boat on every REGION between the departure and destination, but it does need a boat on every EDGE (or, as the rulebook refers to it, "junction line") between the departure and destination.

Nerkey wrote:
So, If you kept all the pieces where they are now on example 2.....could meeple #1 convoy all the way over to the far lower right where the other boat is, on the region where there is a wood, fish and exotic fruit???

Observe:

You can move ship #2 to where the green arrow is pointing, but in order to get all the way to the far-right region tile, you would need another ship on the edge marked with a red X (on either of the two regions). If you moved one of the two top ships to the middle ocean tile, and then placed it on that edge prior to the convoy, then you could do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Vail
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry guys, one more question!

In Example 4.....if I move boat "a" to the south "edge of the region can I then move meeple "4" to the island south where the 2 wood and the other meeple are? I know it would not be wise to do that but could that be considered a motivation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
Nerkey wrote:
Sorry guys, one more question!

In Example 4.....if I move boat "a" to the south "edge of the region can I then move meeple "4" to the island south where the 2 wood and the other meeple are? I know it would not be wise to do that but could that be considered a motivation.

It is possible to do that, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LautreSault
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

A ship, that already moved, on an edge of a region, may still be used to do a sea convoy across a sea inlet?

In other words, does a ship on the edge of a region allows the move in the example #1 and #2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
A ship may move freely within its Region, and the Region that it moves to, for the entirety of the Migration action; it just can only move from one Region to another adjacent Region attached by sea.

So with one ship in one Migration, you could do all of the following:

1) Move to one edge.
2) Move to another edge.
3) Move to a sea inlet.
4) Move to another Region.
5) Move to another edge in this new Region.
6) Move to another sea inlet within this Region.

However, you cannot move a ship in the middle of a sea convoy; a sea convoy must be completed before moving to a new edge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
islan wrote:
A ship may move freely within its Region, and the Region that it moves to, for the entirety of the Migration action; it just can only move from one Region to another adjacent Region attached by sea.

So with one ship in one Migration, you could do all of the following:

1) Move to one edge.
2) Move to another edge.
3) Move to a sea inlet.
4) Move to another Region.
5) Move to another edge in this new Region.
6) Move to another sea inlet within this Region.

However, you cannot move a ship in the middle of a sea convoy; a sea convoy must be completed before moving to a new edge.

Thank you Kick Clinite ! Thanks to your wording, I've far batter understood the sea convoy +++

Here are 5 pictures I want to submit to you guys for correction. I only illustrated the possibility for a boat to move freely within its Region, without boat migration.
Now I hope Sea convoy is perfectly clear in my brain

#1 : b1 moves freely within its region : it can move to one edge, to another edge or to a sea inlet.

#2 : b1 has moved to the sea inlet of its region to convoy c1, who has thus done his Migration action. c1 could also have entered into a free building (I should have put one, sorry).

#3 : b1 moves again freely in within its region to the edge at the bottom to convoy c2 to the land with cattel. c2 could also have moved to the land with iron, at the right side of the sea inlet.

#4 : b1 moves once more within its region to another edge to convoy c3 with the help of b2 (which has moved too within its region).

#5 : finally, c4 migrates with b3 and b2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
That would be a completely valid Migration action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Leal
Spain
CORNELLÀ DE LLOBREGAT
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks People, now i see everything more clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Castrequini
Brazil
Valinhos
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ErVicioso wrote:
Thanks People, now i see everything more clear.

Jimmy approves that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.