Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
If playing Khe Sanh (card 37) will not remove any US troops (because every space with NVA has no US troops), but the event would cause the US to be ineligible through the next card, will VC/NVA bot play the event?

It seems literally yes (since "something happens" as per 8.1, namely the US loses a turn, even though no troops are affected), but I just want to verify that the bot would really spend its own turn doing literally nothing except causing the US (who might also be a bot) to lose a turn.

(Today was my first play in a while, so my COIN brain circuits are rusty...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
There are special instructions for that card for NVA. What do they say? (I don't have my sheets with me here.)

But in principle, making US ineligible is an effect too so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
masil wrote:
There are special instructions for that card for NVA. What do they say? (I don't have my sheets with me here.)

That if the US is already ineligible, they don't use the event.

Quote:
But in principle, making US ineligible is an effect too so.

So it seems to me. Just kind of weird from a "rational player" point of view that in a 4-player game, one player would spend their whole turn just to cost one other player a turn too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
The US will lose two turns, in a way. They go ineligible now and won't play on the next card either. But yeah, perhaps an amendment to the effect that the US is player and eligible would be better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Slowly catching up after last week's non-COIN overload...

russ wrote:
If playing Khe Sanh (card 37) will not remove any US troops (because every space with NVA has no US troops), but the event would cause the US to be ineligible through the next card, will VC/NVA bot play the event?

Yes.

Regards, Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Oerjan wrote:

russ wrote:

Yes.

Regards, Oerjan

Great to have you back. We really appreciate all the hard work and time that you put in here. I think that the forum was starting to sufferer from the effects of Oerjan withdrawal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
jackalope wrote:
Oerjan wrote:

russ wrote:

Yes.

Regards, Oerjan

Great to have you back. We really appreciate all the hard work and time that you put in here. I think that the forum was starting to sufferer from the effects of Oerjan withdrawal.

Yeah, it was like the USbot changing policy and withdrawing everything it can, and we're playing ARVN!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Oerjan wrote:
Yes.

Regards, Oerjan

Thank you for the confirmation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jackalope wrote:

Combination of business trips and my mother's 70th birthday... not much free time last week

/Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.