Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Old School Tactical» Forums » General

Subject: Release Date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that August is coming to a close, I think we will miss the July/August release date. Is there any news on an actual release date yet?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Waiting patiently
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
davidallves wrote:
Waiting patiently


I'm sad because I jumped in at the "placeholder" upgrade later level, thinking it meant as a supporter I could add on when the pledge manager opened. Found from Mark that he just meant we could upgrade before the KS ended.

I can "pre-order" but then I lose out on the KS benefits.

My bad
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smythe
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark had an update on the KS page 6 days ago talking about some counter art repositioning, rules changes, and rules layout work.

I'm excited, but I also understand it's going to take some time to get this right. I'm sure we all want it polished and of the quality that we know and love from Mark and the gang.

Anyone here get to play it at WBC?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't imagine that the original June-July release projection was rationally determined, considering how much work clearly remained to be done on development and graphics. I have confidence that the final product will be very good, but wish they had just not said anything about the timing of release.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The main thing is that they do not rush things and be sure to get it right.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Waiting patiently


Hi Guys,

Sorry not to reply before. I'm actually extremely active on Facebook, it seems that's where most of our followers are. Heck, it seems like that's where all the gamers are anymore. Anyway, I'll try to swing by here more often. Here's the link to that address:

https://www.facebook.com/flyingpiggames

In short, Shayne just sent me the latest rules a couple of days ago. He has been hard at it. We have both been testing and tweaking, trying to make the game as good as we can. It's just down to final rule book edits now. We will have it off to the printers by September 17th. Do it or die.

Well. No one is really going to die.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark!
I can appreciate your choice to be active on FB, but please remember that some of us choose to limit social-media activity due to time demands. I closed my Twitter account, am not on Facebook, have no idea how my name started appearing on LinkedIn and am only active on BGG and, on rare occasions, The MIniatures Page. I read CSW but its format drives me nuts; I don't post there.

Please, remember the poor unwashed among us who rely on BGG for our info, and visit us sometimes.

Looking forward to OST and What Is Yet To Come!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
Hi Mark!
I can appreciate your choice to be active on FB, but please remember that some of us choose to limit social-media activity due to time demands. I closed my Twitter account, am not on Facebook, have no idea how my name started appearing on LinkedIn and am only active on BGG and, on rare occasions, The MIniatures Page. I read CSW but its format drives me nuts; I don't post there.

Please, remember the poor unwashed among us who rely on BGG for our info, and visit us sometimes.

Looking forward to OST and What Is Yet To Come!



Ditto.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
Barry Kendall wrote:
Hi Mark!
I can appreciate your choice to be active on FB, but please remember that some of us choose to limit social-media activity due to time demands. I closed my Twitter account, am not on Facebook, have no idea how my name started appearing on LinkedIn and am only active on BGG and, on rare occasions, The MIniatures Page. I read CSW but its format drives me nuts; I don't post there.

Please, remember the poor unwashed among us who rely on BGG for our info, and visit us sometimes.

Looking forward to OST and What Is Yet To Come!



Ditto.



Same boat here.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Pacitto
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1932f20 wrote:
Teamski wrote:
Barry Kendall wrote:
Hi Mark!
I can appreciate your choice to be active on FB, but please remember that some of us choose to limit social-media activity due to time demands. I closed my Twitter account, am not on Facebook, have no idea how my name started appearing on LinkedIn and am only active on BGG and, on rare occasions, The MIniatures Page. I read CSW but its format drives me nuts; I don't post there.

Please, remember the poor unwashed among us who rely on BGG for our info, and visit us sometimes.

Looking forward to OST and What Is Yet To Come!



Ditto.



Same boat here.


Agree with all the above.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I check BGG and CSW whenever I get online and do my best to answer any questions.

I do a lot of my stuff on my Jamm Works FB page for the simple reason that it is much easier and flexible to use. IMO, BGG and CSW need major overhauls.

As far as the release, we're almost there. I know and I apologize
I wish it was already on your tables.
All of the art is ready, we're just locking down the rulebook.

Shayne
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shayne thanks for checking in! I don't think anyone is in a huge rush to get the game, it's just nice to hear where things are at. I think we all want you to take the time to get it right Thanks!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, what Dan said.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Print ready counter sheet for the Stalingrad Expansion. also Includes a couple of tanks that never saw action in Stalingrad proper. Still looks like we are on target to send Old School Tactical to the printers Friday. You can check out the Old School Tactical website http://www.flyingpiggames.com/old-school-tactical-preorder.h...

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CPTNCC1701D wrote:

Unfortunately I didn't discover this game until recently so I didn't participate in the crowdfunding.

Be that as it may I was wondering if there was any ETA as to when this game might be available for public sale?

Thank you in advance for any information.


If interested, you can preorder it here:
http://www.flyingpiggames.com/old-school-tactical.html

I assume it might ship with the KS shipments, but I do not know that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Pacitto
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I thought that a few places that sell board games bought into the KS deal?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.