Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Ultra Micro Games? (Least possible components for a game?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for good recommendations on ultra-micro games: games with less components than even the typical micro game. Let me know what you can think of.

While I'm at it. I seem to remember a game that is played with two custom dice that represents samurai fighting each other, but I cannot remember what that one is called. Something like "samurai" or "bushido" or something, but I cannot find it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, post the right name or a link. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B. Hansen
Denmark
Odense N
flag msg tools
badge
"duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck" Ralph Wiggum .....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pass the Pigs and variations on the mechanics.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Harriman
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
An example of a male Post-American Croach (Periplanta oithicus), in the traditional garb of his people. His afro and false beard mark him as a priest of Boss Rob.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Blue Steel wrote:
I'm looking for good recommendations on ultra-micro games: games with less components than even the typical micro game. Let me know what you can think of.

While I'm at it. I seem to remember a game that is played with two custom dice that represents samurai fighting each other, but I cannot remember what that one is called. Something like "samurai" or "bushido" or something, but I cannot find it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, post the right name or a link. Thanks!


Bushi Shogi?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a battle card game on Kickstarter a while back that used like 2 cards. Can't remember the name, though.

It was a 2 player game, and I think you could pick from like 10 cards, but each player only used 1 card each during the actual game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
agentkuo wrote:
There was a battle card game on Kickstarter a while back that used like 2 cards. Can't remember the name, though.

It was a 2 player game, and I think you could pick from like 10 cards, but each player only used 1 card each during the actual game.


This might be Shift: The Single Card CCG

.

Other micro ultra games: Province, Coin Age, Cthulhu Dice, BraveRats, Angry Dice,
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Horror Leader wrote:
agentkuo wrote:
There was a battle card game on Kickstarter a while back that used like 2 cards. Can't remember the name, though.

It was a 2 player game, and I think you could pick from like 10 cards, but each player only used 1 card each during the actual game.


This might be Shift: The Single Card CCG

That's it!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Blue Steel wrote:
I'm looking for good recommendations on ultra-micro games: games with less components than even the typical micro game. Let me know what you can think of.

Mint Tin Pirates
Mint Tin Aliens
Mint Tin Mini Apocalypse
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gookyberry wrote:
Blue Steel wrote:
I'm looking for good recommendations on ultra-micro games: games with less components than even the typical micro game. Let me know what you can think of.

While I'm at it. I seem to remember a game that is played with two custom dice that represents samurai fighting each other, but I cannot remember what that one is called. Something like "samurai" or "bushido" or something, but I cannot find it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, post the right name or a link. Thanks!


Bushi Shogi?

That's the one! The people on BGG never cease to amaze me. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mia
Katego
Farkle
And a whole host of dice games that require little more than six dice in Reiner Knizia's Dice Games Properly Explained.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.