Enemy Coast Ahead: The Dambuster Raid» Forums » Rules

Subject: Very Lights rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Balding Badger
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evening all! Having run through scenario 5 on 3 occasions I thought I would try my hand at scenario 1. I would appreciate some guidance on Very Lights; do I take it that these can only be deployed if there is a Very Light marker on the attack turn track? If this is removed during the status check does this then remove the ability to place further Very Lights?
This is a truly an epic game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy (Jerry) White
msg tools
designer
No. You may fire Very Light Flares even after they burn out. There are no ammunition rules or such for Very Lights.

The idea here is that the flares are dropped in places around the reservoir as the Lanc circles, marking the terrain for an effective and subsequent approach.

The rule was inspired by the action that some of the aircrews took during the mission at foggy reservoirs (that is, they dropped flares in this manner).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balding Badger
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy thanks for the clarification. What is the check for at the status phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy (Jerry) White
msg tools
designer
Very Lights fizzle out, so conclude the Status Check Phase of each Attack Turn by checking each Very Light marker on the Turn Track. The reason those markers go on the Turn Track is to make it easy to keep track of how long they've been burning. The turns since the Very Light was fired is a modifier. If the flare burns out, remove the Very Light marker (and adjust the Activity Level at that dam).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balding Badger
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant! All clear now. Thanks for the responses Jeremy and congrats on a cracking game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JWgamewhen wrote:
Very Lights fizzle out, so conclude the Status Check Phase of each Attack Turn by checking each Very Light marker on the Turn Track. The reason those markers go on the Turn Track is to make it easy to keep track of how long they've been burning. The turns since the Very Light was fired is a modifier. If the flare burns out, remove the Very Light marker (and adjust the Activity Level at that dam).

So if I read this correctly, when the Very Light Burns out... you REDUCE the Activity Level by 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes; the definition of Activity Level in Rule 4.4.3 includes:

Quote:
the number of Very Light Flare markers currently on the Attack Turn Track
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that that reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.