Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Is a stronghold a city for the purpose of revolts and riots? I've had a heck of a time finding a definitive statement on the matter.

We've been playing strongholds are not cities - ignoring riots and revolts in strongholds and it feels wrong (to me at least). As you can imagine, this clarification will have a big impact.

Thanks for any clarification the community can provide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spacemanc wrote:
Hello,

Is a stronghold a city for the purpose of revolts and riots? I've had a heck of a time finding a definitive statement on the matter.

We've been playing strongholds are not cities - ignoring riots and revolts in strongholds and it feels wrong (to me at least). As you can imagine, this clarification will have a big impact.

Thanks for any clarification the community can provide.

I'm curious why it feels wrong to you. Revolts and riots tend to arise amongst the general population, which is concentrated in cities. I think of strongholds as military outposts, and consequently much more tightly controlled. So long as I control the military, I wouldn't anticipate revolts and riots there (coups perhaps).

(Note: I haven't played in ages, so these comments address terminology, not rules.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't 400 strength stronghold(I assume there are also quite many troops) and a Baron enough already enough to prevent riots and revolts? 100 strength garrison is already enough to prevent a riot in a city. A noble and 50 strength of troops is enough to prevent riots and revolts in a city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be wrong here, but I have never played this where the Stronghold either riots or revolts. Therefore my answer would be no. Riots and revolts are confined to cities and not strongholds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.