Hide
4 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » Sessions

Subject: and we would have gotten away with it too.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Ellenfors
msg tools
This was a five player game, the races were The barony of Letnev (Green), The L1Z1X Mindnet (Blue), Universities of Jol-Nar (yellow), The Ghost of Creus (Black), The Necro Virus (Grey)

This game we decided to try and make dreadnoughts a bit more attractive and decided to let them have 2 shoots (still only one bombard).

The Twilight wars had finally come to an end. The fight had been a long and gruesome but finally the Barony was once again free people and not restricted by the blockade that the Lazax had enforced on the glorious people. The Baron Daz Emmiciel Werquan III had planned for this moment for a long time. Hopefully the rest of the galaxy would realize that resistance would only prolong their misery.
True to their reputation the Letnev lached out on their unsuspecting neutral neighbors, 2 system with a total 4 planets quickly fell to the undefeatable. The last neighboring system saw what was coming and quickly surrendered their independence through diplomacy. The Baronys spies reported that expansion had gone well for everyone except the Jol-Nar who decided that they did not need reinforcements and had only set out with 2 ground forces and one of his landing forces were killed by a biohazard. To make matters worse for the Jol-Nar, they had though they could get an easy lead by taking bureaucracy and score the public objective to have more influence than both your neighbors. The Ghost was to prove him wrong and did everything in his power to stop him, and he was successful. Both Ghosts and the glorious people of the Barony showed their neighbors what great influence they controlled and scored 1 p each.

The galaxy was still ruled by peace during the second year. The people of the barony rejoiced when news reached the people that both L1Z1X and Ghost had fallen for nuclear traps that the locals had rigged their planets with. But the celebrations were canceled when the same fate befell the forward force of the Barony. It was suspected that the Necro virus had planted these devices to stop its opponents. The Barony used the loss of its toops to weaken the resolve of the senate and claimed Speaker. During voting the Barony can rule supreme thanks to being the one who breaks ties. The result is that it is no longer allowed to build units on Mecatol Rex (we all have a good laugh once we realize that a spacedock is considered a unit, and this law block almost 1/3 of all the secrets objectives in the deck).

End of second looks like following Ghosts 2p, Barony 2p, L1Z1X 1p, Necro 1p, Jol-Nar 0p

3rd year and an enemy seems to be challenging the might of the Barony, The Ghosts of Creus. With a still strong position in the senate the Barony gets deeply involved in Bureaucracy of Mecatol rex. Spies report that both Necro and Ghosts have now their flagships on the board and dreadnoughts are popping up everywhere. The whole galaxy (except Jol-Nar) seems to be building up for war and mop-up the few neutral planets that tried to resist invasions. But the Ghosts decide to show they galaxy why they are called ghosts and manages to claim his secret objective by controlling two system adjacent to different players, and conquer two planets from the L1Z1X in the process.

End of third looks like following Ghosts 4p, Barony 3p, L1Z1X 1p, Necro 2p, Jol-Nar 1p

Fourth year, and the Barony have lost the position of speaker but still they are able to influence the Bureaucracy of Mecatol rex. The Ghosts are repulsed from the L1Z1X space, while the Necro virus decides to invade Meactol rex, their flagship ensures that they will keep control over the system for a long time. An amusing incident during the senate gathering this year is when Jol-Nar votes to Official sanction(can´t conquer any planets this round) himself in an attempt to stop the Necro virus from stealing a tech.

End of the 4th year and Ghost have 5p Barony 5p Virus 3p L1Z1X 2p Jol-Nar 2p

Fith year most of the galaxy is still peaceful. The Barony, Ghosts and Necro is all eyeing each other wearily and waiting for an opening. L1Z1X on the other hand decide that it is time to strike and firstly invade Jol-Nars home system and take one planet. With the help of some trade gods from Necro virus he manages to destroy the L1Z1X fleet, but can´t retake the planet. The L1Z1X then launch a second attack against the unprotected Jol-Nar planets and claim them as his own.
This year the Barony have had enough of diplomacy and decides to leave the senate. In celebration of this the people build a special dreadnought. Just to be annoying I place the free dreadnought in Ghosts D wormhole.

End of 5th year Ghost have 7p Barony 6p Virus 4p L1Z1X 3p Jol-Nar 2p

It is the beginning of the 6th year. The L1Z1X tries to invade one of the Ghosts space docks (smells like a secret objective) but is repulsed. Jol-Nar manages to retake his home system and tries to get revenge at the L1Z1X by flying his flagship over and claim a planet next to his home system. During this round the first blue public objective is turned, if you control Mecatol rex and three adjacent system which the Necro virus easily can do. That would out him at a tie with me, which is unthinkable. It is now time to let the pds:s do the talking. With the help of actionscards I get to activate a strategy card not taken. With the help of the warfare-tooken I can reach and stop the Virus. We both tries to block each other and both suffer great losses thanks to 4 of his pds:s and three of mine. But in the endthe Barony manages to get its main fleet into a one of the adjacent systems. But it is a though battle since there is 4 pds in the system and a fleet. But after all pre-shots have been made the Necrovirus uses skilled retreat to Mecatol Rex were his flagship happily watches my fleet (Ohhh, shit). But at least my gamble pays of when I manages to conquer both the planets. The necro virus retaliates and takes one of my planets and destroy a space dock and 2 pds:s, but I can destroy the fleet the same turn. The next Twilight war have truly begun.

End of 6th year Ghost have 7p Barony 6p Virus 5p L1Z1X 3p Jol-Nar 2p

The Jol-Nar have been a very minor player in this game, but had amassed a truly spectacular hand of cards. He has also been in dire need of production have been given around 10 trade goods from the Necro at this time, it was payback time. He plays signal jamming on my fleet next to Mecatol, it seems they are truly doomed. But lady fortune were still favoring the Barony when Jol-Nar with an evil smirk on his face plays a second Signal jamming on the Virus fleet in Mecatol!!

End of 7th Ghost have 7p Barony 6p Virus 6p L1Z1X 4p Jol-Nar 3p

During the 8th year doom stuck. The ghost decided that he really wanted to be a ghost and managed to get light wave deflector, which the virus happily then copied. But before the virus could truly utilize his new technology, the ghosts stuck and invaded the virus home planet. Other things that happened was that Jol-Nar managed to claim one of his 2 secret objectives (he had gotten another thanks to a political). And to make matters worse a public objective was flipped, 2 points for 6 command counters. So if nothing would happen the Ghosts would win next round.

End of 8th Ghost have 8p Barony 6p Virus 6p L1Z1X 5p Jol-Nar 6p

This round could have become the greatest ever game round of twilight history if the Necro virus just would have built one freaking groundforce the previous turn. The Ghost decided to get the needed command counters by scraping most of his fleet supply. He decided to keep his flagship in the necrovirus home system, forgetting that were the flagship stood there were a d wormhole that led to his unprotected homesystem and the Necrovirus had lightwave deflector! But sadly he had no GF:s. Since there were no way for either of us to stop Ghosts we all decided to pass. And give him his well deserved victory.

So a victory for the Ghosts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christof VO
Belgium
Hamme
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nice report

Concerning the last turn: I believe it has been ruled already that other races cannot use the D wormhole generated by the Creuss flagship, even when having Lightwave deflector, no?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoox wrote:
nice report

Concerning the last turn: I believe it has been ruled already that other races cannot use the D wormhole generated by the Creuss flagship, even when having Lightwave deflector, no?

This is correct. Only the Creuss can use the flagship's wormhole, ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! A victory for my favorite and much overly maligned race, the Ghosts of Creuss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.