Subject: Log of Winning B-Side Nations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry Yeti

Minneapolis
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a log anywhere of what B-side Nations have won in people's play sessions on BGG? It would be interesting to know which of the five nations tend to win, how many players there were and where in the player order they were. I'm sure Rustan has stats from the development, but I thought maybe there was additional info since the game's release.

If there isn't a compendium yet, maybe this is a good as any to start!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apollo Melo
msg tools
mbmbmb
I certainly haven't seen anything, but that doesn't mean it's not there. If it means anything to you, I feel like I have a much easier time on Rome's B side. That +2 military strength is just about always enough to get me over the edge of whatever I need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Allen

New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play 3 player almost always, Egypt tends to win when its out. I posted about this early and its probably a mixture of noise (over 10 plays, not yet at 15, still a small sample) and groupthink.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Wiley
msg tools
Games below were side B, Unfortunately I cannot remember all our games.

2 player plus AI: Rome beat Greece.
2 player plus AI: China beat Rome.
2 player plus AI: Egypt beat China.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Maxime Tremblay
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Unfortunately, we started logging the Nations only recently, so it's not our full sample size. We have a sample of 67 games (individuals players - not total actual games). I'd say about half had nations logged (I unfortunately don't have the number with me atm). So it's not a huge sample, but it's not small either.

This is the win rates for each Nations.

Greece (50%), China (52%), Persia (60%), Rome (48%), Egypt (45%).

Note that Persia was weirdly only drawn in 11% of our games (the average is obviously 20%), so the sample size is quite small (which could explain its high win rate).

The way we calculated the win rates is by associating a weight (similar to ELO scores) where a win is 1, a loss is 0 and anywhere in between for other players (in the case of a multiplayer game). For example: Player A wins (100%), player B finishes 2nd (50%), player C loses (0%).

The average win rate is therefore 50%.

We're extremely happy with the balance. I really don't think Persia is overpowered by any means. The others are all well within the margin of error to score 50% win rate.

In other words? The devs kick ass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Maxime Tremblay
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
So I verified our sample size and it's currently 38.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.