Subject: Declaring yourself Resistance Hunter... broken? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leonard Smith
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
I played with The Hunter module for the first time last night.

I liked it, but us spies got rolled over party because The Resistance Hunter outed himself as such.

The only downside to his reveal, that I could see, is giving the spies one less option if we got to vote for chief.

But, he was basically able to prove himself to be Resistance (I debated also declaring to be Resistance Hunter, but that would mean outing myself as a spy to the real Resistance Hunter) and the chiefs knew, for sure, who three of the resistance members were. It also made it hard to not either put him on a mission or make him Inquisitor. He eventually got around to checking our spy chief's token and we lost the game.

So, how broken do you think this is? Curious to hear people's opinions who play with this module a lot. Standard play? Should a spy take the gamble and also declare as Resistance Hunter? Or is it pretty balanced being that our chance of guessing a Resistance Chief are nearly 50/50.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I dont like these expansions. Yes, the resistance hunter can out himself right sway. Probably, one spy should di the same so now you kow one of these two people is a spy (very high quality information, posssibly even better than you get in a mission). It is very hard for new players to know if it is a good idea to do or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Beddingfield
United States
California
flag msg tools
This is (at least partially) balanced out by the fact that a Resistance Hunter could easily shoot another Resistance, while the Spy Hunter knows who the Spies are.

Revealing Hunter is more problematic in smaller games (5p leaving a 50-50 chance of shooting) while less so in larger games and should be dealt with accordingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Chapman
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ignu wrote:
The only downside to his reveal, that I could see, is giving the spies one less option if we got to vote for chief.

I think this is a pretty big downside for Resistance. Every person you have that is potentially a Chief is great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter J
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How exactly is the Resistance Hunter revealing early?

Looking over the rules I can only see the Spy Hunter revealing early in order to make an early accusation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Chapman
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He's just saying that the Resistance Hunter would say, "hey folks, I'm the Resistance Hunter." You cannot reveal the card regardless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.