Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Roll'n Bump» Forums » Variants

Subject: Expanding to support 5 players (all you need is another colour of dice) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom B
Canada
flag msg tools
I had the inclination to play with 5 players early on (our game nights often see more than 4). Here's what I found worked:

Requirements:

6 5 dice of a new colour (I picked up a pink set that are otherwise identical to those included with the game, but black, orange, purple, etc would work)

Changes:

Instead of a 3 x 3 layout as follows

Stack Stack Stack

Stack (15) Stack

Stack Stack Stack

where each stack holds 6 cards and exhausting a single stack ends the game, instead go with this layout (4 cards per stack) laid out thus

Stack

Stack Stack Stack

Stack Stack (15) Stack Stack

Stack Stack Stack

Stack

(Note, this was arbitrary - I wanted to add 4 stacks and this appealed to my aesthetic sensibilities)

The other change is that you must now exhaust 2 stacks instead of one to end the game.

Otherwise, game play is unchanged.

I have found this game easy to teach to children as young as 6 (with some strategy help as to which combinations to roll for). thumbsup

This is a great game for kids and adults to play together because it has enough of a random factor to help even the playing field between adults and the kids who may not have the depth of development to make the best strategic choices.

It's also a fast enough game that even younger kids can often maintain interest and focus.

Note: I was part of the early playtest team (I think may name appeared in the credits for the original - I helped out tighten up some math and suggested having the bonus die at the end ought to be worth something as well as helping with the clarity of the written rules). cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis-Nicolas Dozois
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL! Thanks Tom! Now even owners of the old Shake Out! version of the game will be able to play using the Roll'n Bump 5 and 6 player rules. Yep, the changes you suggested above are exactly the same as the 5+ player rules in Roll'n Bump ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.