Hide
8 Posts

Triumph & Tragedy» Forums » General

Subject: Pacific? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pavel Benc
msg tools
Any info about the pacific? How to put the two maps together, who plays who (china?) or when can we expect it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pavel,

This design is in its infancy though some preliminary work and research has been done (see map at T&T/Images).

Current model is that USA+NatChina+BritEmp / Japan / USSR-East+RedChina are the 3 sides, with China and Indonesia (oil) as the major POP/RES concentrations. Diplomacy and Technology would be different in this theatre of course (different decks). The hope is that T&T/Asia can be a good standalone game and still mate with T&T for a "world-wide" T&T.

At this point we perceive several major problems to solve in adapting the T&T system to this situation. It remains to be seen whether this can be done satisfactorily. Recently received a good suggestion about mating the maps.

I would expect a 3-4 year gestation period, plus the GMT P500 cycle. It may come faster, have to see. Sometimes a design comes together easier than you expect, but more often you have to fight it all the way.

Thank you for your interest.

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in this too, as mulitplayer wargames are somewhat of a rarity. In fact, the possible future expansion may be what tipped me toward purchasing.

It looked from that map (and comments) as if 5 players could be supported by the combined game? Maybe a Brit/Russia/Germany/Japan/US deal? Can you comment?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
5-player combined T&T
Yep, that's the plan.

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Setser
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Developer - "Bayonets & Tomahawks" and "Imperial Struggle"
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I just send money? There's the game I want to play!
Think the phrase is "Shut up and take my money!"
Drug out my copy of Asia Engulfed to while away the development years
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry,

Give me some time to get something playtestable together and I will put out a call for playtesters. If you're that keen you can be part of the process!

With luck I may have something sometime this winter (but in my experience these things usually take longer than anticipated). No point playtesting something that's not looking workable and headed in the right direction.

We will almost certainly use a VASSAL module for playtesting (which not only makes it easier for playtester updates but provides a record of the playtest games, a huge advantage for accurate development).

I will post here when ready. Hang on to your money for now.

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Setser
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Developer - "Bayonets & Tomahawks" and "Imperial Struggle"
mbmbmbmbmb
What?! Do camels do their business in the desert?! You bet, just drop a line whenever you're ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Cameron
Australia
Maylands
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbesinque wrote:
I will post here when ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.