Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Sprock
United States
North Huntingdon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Currently I am plahying a German impulse of an Allied Solo game and am activating German units via German Divisional Command card#51.

This is the first time that I encountered a divisional commannd card that activates both divisions of a corps.

It is DEC17 so the >Special: Manteuffel Directs Traffic 19 Command event is not applicable.

The first applicable command (> or A) is Activate 116P and 560VG Divisions .

The LVIII Panzer Corps consist of the following five units:

116P - 3 units
560VG - 1 unit
LVIII - 1 nondivisional unit

Since the command card listed both divisions in the corps, I activated all five German units. After thinking about it, I believe only the four divisional units of the 116P and 26VG are to be activated. The LVIII unit should not be activated this impulse.

While I assume this is the case, it seems strange that one one unit of the LVIII Corps should not be activated. This will leave the LVIII panzer unit behind while the remainder of the corps advances.

I also checked the other divisional command cards and this occurs on many cards. A couple of the cards only activate one division of the corps, so not activating non-divisional units seems appropriate.

Also, if playing the German Solo game the divisional cards appear to always activate one division. For example: Ativate the 116P or 26VG Division for command card#51. So not activating non-divisional units appear appropriate in the GS game.

What are your thoughts.

Thanks
Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Activating both divisions is one of the ways that the AI is given an advantage in AS. This is needed to compensate for the sub-optimal moves/attacks generated by the AI procedures. This generally leads to a challenging, but not overpowering game.

Yes, the odd, non-divisional units get left behind, but they can catch up later with extended movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sprock
United States
North Huntingdon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Tom:

Appreciate the reply.

I was wondering when movement method 10 (follow movement arrows) let alone extended movement would occur.

Finally one German unit used both in the DEC17 third impulse after the XLVII Panzer Corps capture Bastogne early in the morning.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.