Pascal vE
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
„Schiffe versenken – Neu mit Flüchtlingsbooten“

Schmidt Spiele distanziert sich von Facebook-Geschmacklosigkeit und kündigt strafrechtliche Schritte an

Berlin, 31.08.2015 – Als „üble und verachtenswerte Geschmacklosigkeit ohnegleichen“ bewertet Axel Kaldenhoven, Geschäftsführer der Schmidt Spiele GmbH, eine aktuell auf Facebook gepostete Fotomontage, die das Kinderspiel „Schiffe versenken“ des Berliner Verlages mit vollbesetzten Flüchtlingsbooten in Verbindung bringt. Der Spielehersteller sieht in dieser Darstellung eine Volksverhetzung und plant entsprechende strafrechtliche Schritte. Parallel hierzu fordert Schmidt Spiele Facebook zur Löschung des betreffenden Beitrags auf.

[Pressemitteilung]

Finden wir auch völlig nachvollziehbar und in Ordnung, was Schmidt Spiele da plant. Das Thema ist an sich schon belastet genug und dann sowas! Gags gibt es immer wieder zu jedem noch so brisantem Thema, aber es muss auch Grenzen (des guten Geschmacks) geben!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Brakus wrote:

Finden wir auch völlig nachvollziehbar und in Ordnung, was Schmidt Spiele da plant. Das Thema ist an sich schon belastet genug und dann sowas! Gags gibt es immer wieder zu jedem noch so brisantem Thema, aber es muss auch Grenzen (des guten Geschmacks) geben!!

Und wer maßt sich an, diese Grenzen zu bestimmen? meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Wolfsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wer ist "wir"?
Und ist das in diesem Forum wirklich richtig aufgehoben? Scheint eher die Steilvorlage für eine politische Diskussion darzustellen, statt sich mit dem Thema Brettspiele auseinander zu setzen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Turkiewicz
Germany
Losheim am See
Saarland
flag msg tools
badge
Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
jepp. wär wohl besser im RSP-Forum aufgehoben. Aber ich gib Schmidtspiele grundsätzlich recht. Die Grenzen werden durch Recht und Gesetz festgelegt. Ob es tatsächlich strafrechtl. relevant ist, wird ein Richter entscheiden müssen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
RSP: Dann lieber PuertoRico oder FiveTribes spielen... /RSP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Herzlich willkommen in den RSP-Foren

Thread moved to R/S/P.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since your translation doesn't make that much sense I am guessing that you are unhappy about the German language in this thread. Am I correct?

The thread was originally in the German part of the Forum and was moved here, so please be indulgent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
CarlosSpicyweener wrote:
Since your translation doesn't make that much sense I am guessing that you are unhappy about the German language in this thread. Am I correct?

The thread was originally in the German part of the Forum and was moved here, so please be indulgent.

Warum würde die Deutschbenutzung eine Problem sein?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Wolfsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It basically says that the publisher "Schmidt Spiele" distances himself from a picture posted on Facebook. In this picture the game "Schiffe versenken" (English: Battleship) was brought into connection with a ship full of refugees.
In the following the original poster stated that he can understand the view and supports the statement made. He further adds that there must be borders for jokes like this.

This is a more or less good summary of the original statement.

Following, Ron asks who defines these borders he mentions. I stated that I do not see the direct connection to board games but rather see fuel for a political discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to RSP. Don't worry, we can have inane arguments in any language! Not understanding the OP is par of the course, really.

That said, the Publisher is free to take action against the (mis)use of their product. Despite my limited understanding of German law I would be very surprised if they get anywhere with it. But then again, I'm sure the legal action (so far as it goes) and accompanying Pressemitteilung is PR first, and legal recourse second.

Sticking to legality and / or morality, unless a copyright infringement is made, I think whoever made the picture under discussion (link?) should be free to do so. It is very much in bad taste*, but that is not illegal, even in Deutschland.

* opinion subject to revision after seeing the actual picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
Muad Dib wrote:
Wer ist "wir"?

Nein! Ich glaube das ist "Wer ist 'wir', Kemo Sabe?".

Venga2 wrote:
Welcome to RSP. Don't worry, we can have inane arguments in any language!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Strobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Listen to your sidekick and eat the pennies.
mbmbmbmbmb
Brakus wrote:
"evil and despicable taste without the same"

Christ. What a blowup.

Thanks, Google translate!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
?Donde esta casa de Chen Lau?*

* Excuse me, but I only learned Spanish** by watching Kung Fu Theater on Telemundo. The mouths moved, the words didn't come out with the mouths, but I still couldn't understand a damn word they said.
** This -is- Spanish, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
CarlosSpicyweener wrote:

Omdat niet iedereen het kan lezen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I wonder how German speakers decide when they've mashed enough words together and it's time to start a new one. Whatever the system I'm sure it's very efficient and precise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal vE
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, for having opened thread in the wrong forum. i thought, since it is a german press-text and is related to one of the biggest german publishers its "game" enough for being discussed in the german-subforum.

and i must admit i wasnt aware of the R/S/P-forum^^.

["wir" = "us"....the guys and gals behind the blog, where this news was published. i didnt inserted the blogs link, because lotsa german users around here wouldve gone postal and used it as a flamewar of link = spam = advertisng other platforms, etc. (b***s**t IMO).]

btt:
freedom of speech? YES! but regarding this specific "gag" it has gone too far, since the actual problems of the worldwide refugee-drama is very serious.
yes, lotsa comedians still doing a lot of fun-stuff regarding all sorts of global problems and yes, the publisher probably needs to distance itself from such bad humour pr-wise and then may look for legal actions.
but i think (and my colleagues support me here) not everything is laughable, thats my opinion.
everybody else may have another, thats ok, freedom of thoughts^^....but let me/us quit the band-waggon there...now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Venga2 wrote:
whac3 wrote:
CarlosSpicyweener wrote:

Omdat niet iedereen het kan lezen?

Sie müssen lernen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.