Seth Ben-Ezra
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had an odd question come up last night during the draft for a game. Our scenario was an assault on the "Ice Fortress", which meant that we were mixing up both the ice terrain and the castle (both of which we had purchased recently). We had set up a couple of the smaller Glaciers immediately next to the castle wall. As I was drafting, I was considering picking up the Dzu-Teh that came with the ice terrain. In particular, I was interested in their Glacier Traverse ability, which states that, instead of moving, a Dzu-Teh that starts next to a Glacier can move to any unoccupied space next to that Glacier. On the board that we had set up, some of the wall spaces were technically adjacent to the Glacier. Thus, our question: could the Dzu-Teh use their Glacier Traverse to cross the wall?

So, what do you think?

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Forhan
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: Dzu-Teh Glaciar Traverse and the Castle
Based on the wording on the card, I would say yes, the Dzu-Teh can reach the top of the wall IF the top of the wall is adjacent to the height of the glacier plus the height of the Dzu-Teh. So it would be as if the Dzu-Teh were standing on top of the glacier during its special movement.

This also means if the glacier is pretty close to the ground level and the wall was at least double-height, then the wall would not be adjacent.

Just my opinion; I haven't seen an official ruling on this anywhere yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.