Subject: Decisions added rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, my group is very adverse to this game.
This is partly to the German rules and the CF with the Boss monsters.
Another quirk is the feeling of getting played as the last two rooms, at least, there seems no meaningful decisions anymore as your choices are practically non-existant. And getting sufficient items with only 3 equipment cards is a real bother.

So I am thinking about shaping the rules a bit and would like to discuss them.

I was thinking about preparing 6 levels with only 4 cards each, that would change the total from 25 to 24, IMO acceptable. But gives you at least 2 resp. 3 cards to choose from for the last resp. next to last card in the level.

Edit: Spellink

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think your basic idea is good: 6 levels of 4 rooms instead of 5 levels of 5 rooms.

But I think you'll be making it a lot easier, since you "replenish" your hand 6 times instead of 5. And you'll be ditching the lowest powercard (1) anyway.

From the top of my head, I'd suggest adding a second boss monster after your 3d level. Boss monsters are interesting, cause they force you to hold onto your Power 4 or 5 cards, forcing players to use less powerfull cards in the rooms before the boss monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.