Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Warmachine» Forums » General

Subject: Why does the black plastic ring around Warmachine bases remain unpainted? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shayne Hull
msg tools
As a Warhammer player making the move to Warmachine, I am curious as to why the bases in Warmachine have the black ring around them that always remains unpainted. What is the reason for this? I feel it'd look better to match that part of the base with the rest of the base by flocking and/or painting it. Is there a reason this is not done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ennui
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people do paint them or mark them to show the front facing.
There's no rule against it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I can't stand leaving that part of the base unpainted! I always paint it in two shades of my army's colors to indicate the front and back arcs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A traditional black frame is the usual way to frame a piece of art.
It's not a rule, just artistic preference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that most of the people who paint to play do paint the base ring. I thought the rules required or at least encouraged it to be marked, which is why you see many people paint quadrants of color on the ring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Hull
msg tools
Thanks for the responses. I've still not managed to find a picture of the ring painted, but I'll be painting mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.