Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I just found out via Reddit that Dark Sphere in London will be hosting a Fellowship event in November.

As this will be the first time I might play with people that already play the game, is there anything I should be aware of? Common courtesies or deck types? I play solo 95% of the time so my deckbuilding tends towards being jack-of-all-trades. Should I make a few decks with a view to 2p+ play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack-of-all-trades decks were pretty useful in the last Fellowship event, actually.

In general, it is a good idea to have some options when it comes to heroes, because there might be some overlap (hello, Glorfindel). It's probably a good idea to stay away from the Gandalf hero or Grima.

Having multiple decks ready is a good idea, definitely.

But all in all I wouldn't worry too much! It's not like it becomes a different game.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tips! I'm currently running through the Saga scenarios and have a stabby, defendy hobbit deck that been working well for me, with a mono-spirit deck on the side, just in case. I'll likely make some 2-sphere decks up for the event and see how I go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean S
United States
Hugo
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
It's probably a good idea to stay away from the Gandalf hero or Grima.

I respectfully disagree. Being Gandalf guy is super satisfying. Announce at the beginning of the game that everyone's Gandalfs are dead cards, and then make sure to take as much time as possible during planning, considering all of the quirky interactions the Gandalf hero encourages. It's fun for everyone when you Wizard's Pipe your Test of Will onto your deck to play later, even though everyone knows you could have played it from your hand. Make people beg and offer out of game deals in order to receive the extra resource or card from Gandalf's Staff. You'll be the hit of the table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tagore Nakornchai
United Kingdom
Putney
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be bringing other scenarios as well in case we get bored of that and want to try other stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evilm2twjunkie wrote:
I'll be bringing other scenarios as well in case we get bored of that and want to try other stuff.

Ah excellent! In that case, I'll just bring the box with the heroes cards in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tagore Nakornchai
United Kingdom
Putney
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://darksphere.co.uk/p.php?p=64454 <- Event page is here

I'll probably be bringing the later (Against the Shadow/Ringmaker/Angmar) cycle quests. I'm abit Mirkwooded and Dwarrowdwelfed out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tagore Nakornchai
United Kingdom
Putney
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, they sold out! (The 16 tickets was a mistake - DS only ordered one kit). Is there any more interest in attending the event? People are still free to show up - it's just that you won't get the swag for doing so! If there's enough interest, I can presuade Dark Sphere to bring in another kit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.